SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm wondering I just got a Dry NOS setup and wondering what I should mount the fogger? and also what should I gap my plugs at and what should the timing be at on 92 gas can it still be 17?or 19? thanks for all info

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Your timming all depends on how much you are going to squeez. I just mounted my solenoids on the fire wall. They look nice. Gooodluck with the Dry setup. I prefer a Wet shot but that is my opinion. Goodluck with the kit. Now your SE-R will also have a ON and OFF switch. Bro its like driving a different car.

RED 92 Classic!

·
Registered
101 Posts
U are not going to run the JWT NOS program??
U should really think about it, it would make a world of difference. I mounted my fogger right on the the throttle body making sure it wasn't on the way of the plate. Believe me dude, save the cash and get the JWT ecu. U would save lots of time trying to figure out the right timing and help not blow a motor. I used to run my plugs at 0.25.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm only going to be doing a 50 shot what should the timing be at for a 50 shot and the plugs? thanks again

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I mounted my solenoids on the driver's side strut tower, using one of the bolts that holds the strut and stb down as a mounting point.

Both solenoids are on a single piece of metal, side-by-side.

The steel-braided hoses that NOS shipped with the direct port kit just *barely* reach the distribution block from there. A little slack, but not much.

As CruznSER said...NGK BKR6E-11 plugs (no platinums), timing at NO MORE than 15 degrees.

Hope your fuel pump and injectors are in good shape....

You'll soon get tired of switching your timing around (17 degrees is great for 99% of the time...but 15 degrees is what's needed for nitrous....where do you leave it? 15, that's where.) So, you'll be looking at MSD boxes in the near future.

I have the MSD Digital 6 Plus, and it retards my timing any amount I tell it to (to the .10 of a degree) when my nitrous solenoids are tripped. You'll soon want one of these.

Trust me.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
I just bought a MSD timing Retard control box and manual control switch. I can't wait to put it this comming Saturday. I have heard from many people that is is a kick ass mod for a NOS setup.

·
Stockish TC
1,275 Posts
What plugs should I use? PFR6G or BKR6G, I know the PFR's are platinum, should I run those or the non-platinum ones? thanks,
JCC

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
this is what I ran to get 200 whp on just a cai, exhaust, header, and 50 shot. I had my timing set at 14 degrees, my plugs gapped to .028 and I ran a heat range 6 non platinum (nissan part # 22401-20j06) and a .34 nitrous jet and a .42 fuel vacume jet. it ran perfect and no detonation or any kind of problems.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have exactly what Brian had(cai/exhaust, minus headers) and S3 cams. I have my timing at 14 degrees, same plugs(NGK BKR6E/10bux)) gapped .030", with the .34N jet. No problems whatsoever. This is the regular NOS 5122 kit(400bux used). It comes with a fuel pressure switch and I bought a Mallory rpm window switch(85bux). IMO better and cheaper than the MSD window switch-doesn't use plug in chips. I set the dials on the switch to turn ON at 3000 and OFF at 7000. I recommend any type of NOS pressure gauge and a bottle warmer if you plan to use it in cold weather.

So far 2 years ( 25K miles later) on the bottle and no problems yet. I hope to get videos up after my AEBS headers come in. Still haven't taken it to the track.

Some kills: full bolt-on 97 Prelude, 2 2Gen GS-Ts, NOS'd GS-R, and a couple Mustang GTs(my favorites).

------------------
Fred
99 Sentra SE

[This message has been edited by fred99sr20 (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
mine came with platinum plugs too, ran fine without them, just burnt out quicker, they are like $2 each for the non platinum though, so no biggie.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I just wanted to chime in here...I have a dry 50 shot JWT nitrous system. The main reason I got it was for the safety measures it incorporates. (Plus when you get stuff used and cheap, it was a no-brainer!) I know of other SR20 guys in my area with non-JWT systems and they run great too, but I love the idiot-proof way my system works. And having an ECU that optimizes both NA and nitrous use is great. The JWT 50 shot system dynoed a 65 whp increase! Is the extra cost of JWT worth it to you? I don't know, but I just wanted to provide my experience.

Oh, and I run copper plugs too. They're still in perfect condition.

Antonio

·
Stockish TC
1,275 Posts
so I should run the non-platinum ones, my car is a B15 so maybe they changed some of the things around. You guys came with the BKR6E or 5E, but for my model year they chnaged to the G series? any comments on that?
JCC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts