SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the ?? is should i put NOS on my classic?? It has about 125-130000 miles on the motor and has all bolt-ons w/JWTS3's. I use Castrol GTX10w-40 and has 170psi in all cylinders..I was thinking of doing the wet 50 or 75 shot setup. Do you think that it will do more damage then good??or you think that i should do another block first??I have new stock clutch in the car now but am going to do a light flywheel and stronger clutch maybe the CM stage 3...

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another ?? What are the gains of direct port and is it bad?? What is the smallest shot with the direct port???

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Chiming in with my weekly nitrous column here....

Nismo91SER, my recommendation is to start off like I did (at 146,000 miles, natch) with a NOS wet single fogger setup, at about 50hp. That setup is very forgiving, and easy to adjust. The 'universal' kit for 2.0 liter-2.2 liter fuel injected engines is the one I went with.
It took my '93 from 15.0 in the 1/4 mile down to 14.10 @ 99mph. You'll probably get better results, with the cams and all.
Get a good clutch. Period. I have a ProActive unit, good for a 100-shot of nitrous. It has taken 100 launches @ 5,500 rpm over the last year, and still going strong. YMMV.
Ditch your platinum spark plugs. Get NGK BKR6E-11 plugs, gap 'em at about .035 to start.
Retard the timing. A degree or two (around 15 is a good start) always helps.

In short...don't feel weird about running nitrous on a healthy, albeit high-mile, SR20 engine. Mine is a good example of what can happen, with patience, using your head and not getting power-hungry (easy to do, trust me), and taking your time, slowly tuning the thing as you go.
Click on my website below to get all the details about my '93 and the nitrous stuff. If you need any more help, just email me.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
already have the NGK BKR6E's and im thinking about starting with the 50 shot too..
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts