SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a zex, nos system and everything is hooked up properly. my problem is, is that the system works as if it is a regular nos system and does not respond to the TPS or when you floor the gas. i need to know if the red wire is the rite one to hook it up to. compared to the white and black that are also there. the system should be hooked up properly by now.we checked it so many times...kould it also be that i got into an accident and that the zex brain was damaged in the accident. i will recheck everything tomorrow..please help me

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I dunno that much about it, but doesn't ZEX have a support number? I got a advertising kit from them and I believe they did have a support number.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I think that the zex kit has to get a certain voltage reading for it to kick in. thats how that it knows when to spray. I would (deactivate your NOS first) hit full throttle and hook up a voltmeter to it. if it does not get above 4v, I would try to run down your problem, and that problem is not your nitrous, but something in your tps. another thing to check out is your ground. it is the most overlooked thing in wiring. I would say 80% of the stereo noise problems are due to bad grounding. try to ground your tps switch to a good solid ground. just keep thinking logical, and your car will be ok, it is (I am telling you this straight up)something cheezy and you will kick yourself in the a$$ for this when you figure it out. I know for a fact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts