SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, the kit itself is not that hard to put in given you have the instructions. I would not go past a 70 shot imho, but if you go with a wet shot, you can go bigger, but with a basic dry system (like I have) you do not wanna go that big b/c it relies on the crappy stock injectors. what really bumps up the fuel pressure is a little tee-fitting that fits in between the fpr and the intake manifold, and when you hit the nos, it takes vaccume away from the manifold, giving you more fuel pressure. really simple kit and runs good. just change your plugs often and retart your timing down to 14 degrees and you will be fine. I am running a 60 shot on mine and is almost quick enough for me

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have several questions so little time. Anyway how difficult is it to hook up, what is the recomened shot, is it necesary to have the ECU reprogrammed, what other precautions should be made.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The JWT computer contolled system is obviously the best set up for our cars. But if you have to go to a non computer controlled set up I would do the following in order of best to worse

Direct port (Minimum shot will be 80hp)

Wet (I would not go beyond 100hp because of manifold puddling)

Dry (Don't go much beyond 50hp because our stock injectors will not support much over 50hp)

I have not looked into the computer controlled dry set ups like Venom or Zex, but the principles are the same as the dry set up.

The JWT piece uses a daughterboard on the ECU to switch to a new fuel map, retard timing, watch the o2 and knock sensor, along with shutting down the nitrous 200rpm before fuel cut. That avoids a LOT of problems and is the safest system for our cars.

I went [email protected] with the JWT 50shot and have since gone waaaaaay faster with the turbo, but the juice was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jay, what size fuel jet did you run, or did you have the same kit I have. I have the 5122. I am running a .042 fuel and a .036 for my NOS jet and there is no way in hell I could hit a 13.1. I know it is all in the tuning, but hey, now is a good time to really start playing with it. (if you really want to babble on, just e-mail me privately so we do not bore other people)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, oh, and I put a zex kit on a buddies maxima a few weeks ago, and it runs really good. there is no real troubleshooting problems, ect. plug and play. and the cool thing about this kit is that is reads off the tps, and when it hits 4v, the system kicks in. no messing up. the only downside is that if something screws up, it is probably in the box, and you will have to send it in for repair $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

G

·
0 Posts
the more I hear about it the more I become interested. I see that its cheaper then turbo. If I would get NOS I would go for a JWT. A few questions, first of all, how long and how much know how do u need about cars to put a system in?? dumb question here, but are they street legal? I live in PA so I dont' know what there laws are on that stuff. Does it put alot of extra stress on the engine? I know a turbo does. This is my only car that I would be driving so I cna't put this on if it will create alot of problems. Where do you get the tank filled? how long does it last? How much does it cost to get it filled??

·
Registered
424 Posts
I live in PA myself and from what i could dig up is that if your on the street and the bottle is on then get pissy. Also i can think of about three different shops that refill bottles, in my area around philly.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I live in PA myself and from what i could dig up is that if your on the street and the bottle is on then get pissy. Also i can think of about three different shops that refill bottles, in my area around philly.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Brian I had the JWT set up with the .036 nitrous jet. [email protected] was with a failing soleniod and ICE cold bottle. To make a long story short I ran out of time but the car would have pulled a 12.9 NO problem..

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh, I thought that you had just a normal NOS kit. that would explain your et

1 - 11 of 11 Posts