SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Witness The Power Of AWD!
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knew it would take so long for me to throw all my weight savings out the freaking window! But if im driving this thing its got to have a good stereo...who knows it might be good for weight distribution??? The sub box is easily removable anyway. I basically took the system out of the Altezza and put in here ...because they werent getting the stereo for the price they are giving me for the car.....they get a pair of Infinity Kappa 692.5's because its too much hell to take them out.

Pioneer 4600 MP3 head unit
JBL 75x4 RMS amp
JBL 300x2 RMS amp
Infinity Kappa 62.5 components
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 Variable Q sub woofers
Phoenix Gold wiring

Please excuse the mess but it will be cleaned up soon. This should rattle some body panels

Mid/high amp

Sub amp

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
you know the funny think is that infinity makes jbl.. and i think harmon kardon makes infinity.. so anyway..

·
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup yup...they are made of the same stuff. I like the amps...they are tough. Never shut out on me once. ANd the sound quality is awesome...

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I've owned this car for a year and have bought and sold two sound systems in that time...lol

Nice setup you got there!

-Josh

·
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the way i had them before was too low....they are only like that temporarily till i get the roll cage. Anyone know if their mounting position will cause injury in an accident...i dont see it because the mount is higher than your shoulder but i could be wrong

·
Too busy to post
600 Posts
Is that a custom box? Did you make it?
I forgot to give you props on that last post I made. The hole in it is a creative way to run those wires. How did it all come out. My week didn't prove to be as beneficial as hoped. The fiberglass door panels I spent 20+ hours on, made their way to the trash can. :mad:
Optima Yellow top Battery Relo came out good though. :D gotta think positive.

Oh, and try turning that box to face backwards and see if it makes a difference. ;)

·
-John-
690 Posts
Geez I haven't seen the inside of your car yet...looks like it should way next to nothing. Nice setup you have there tho.

·
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NeedMore$4SE-R said:
Is that a custom box? Did you make it?
I forgot to give you props on that last post I made. The hole in it is a creative way to run those wires. How did it all come out. My week didn't prove to be as beneficial as hoped. The fiberglass door panels I spent 20+ hours on, made their way to the trash can. :mad:
Optima Yellow top Battery Relo came out good though. :D gotta think positive.

Oh, and try turning that box to face backwards and see if it makes a difference. ;)

The box is from my Toyota Altezza. I had it made for me because i didnt have access to a table saw. The holle was there so i could still acces the trunk throuch the center flip down thingy. I hear that rearware facing enclosures are best in hatches. I might have to do that to hear the difference.im just worried it will sound too boomy because there is so much bare sheet metal for the sound to resonate.

Thanks for all the comments :cool:

·
Too busy to post
600 Posts
Sirnixalot said:
I hear that rearware facing enclosures are best in hatches. I might have to do that to hear the difference.im just worried it will sound too boomy because there is so much bare sheet metal for the sound to resonate.

Thanks for all the comments :cool:
Yeah, facing the box backwards does work well in Hatches, but also in just about every other car. Was the box built volume specific to those infiniti's?
If not then just do what you think sounds best to you.

If it was, then this will extend the length that the sound wave has to travel from the speaker to your ear. It will bounce off the trunk then make its way to your ear. The lower the Bass note the longer the sound wave. It all depends on the car though.
also if your not Sounddeadening (DynaMat) There will be resonant sound no doubt, where ever you face it. The way you have it is good.
My fault for the length.
-Ro

·
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mekanik4life....its in my moms garage so she uses it as a storage container :redface:

NeedMore$4SE-R The enclosures were specifically designed for the air space requirments of the Kappa DVQ's with the medium sized insertRight now when i play the sound system with the rear hatch open the bass is more noticable in the forward section of the car...which is a given. I will experiment with it though. I dont plan on adding sound deadening as it took me 2days to get a 98% of the caftory deadening off...was still 30lbs worth of stuff. I can deal with the reasonance ...cant have both worlds, that box has already added back a fair amount of weight. But at least the weight is in the back even if it is high up.

·
Too busy to post
600 Posts
Sirnixalot said:
NeedMore$4SE-R The enclosures were specifically designed for the air space requirments of the Kappa DVQ's .
Thats what I was checking... I bet those ifiniti's sound great with that box and amps. :D

Sirnixalot said:
that box has already added back a fair amount of weight
:eek: Yeah mine too.

I just built a false floor in the Trunk of my B13 and relo'd the battery, and now it sits so wierd. Crazy wheel gap in the front and not so much in the rear. Guess I should have lightened the car first like you did.

Or order Coil Overs..... ;) .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts