SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I engaged the clutch and remarked that the cable was frayed. AH, but the salesman stated that it did not use such a old fashion devise. Any way the fifth day after the sale bang there went the cable.

As I have had the car a week and can not find a service manual yet please advise. I removed the cable in about ten minutes without taking anything off the engine.

It appears that the cable is held in place
by placing it in a bracket:is that correct?

·
Registered
201 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Subculture:
Go back and slap that idiot!
</font>
Buyer beware!
Salesmen will tell you anything to sell you a car. I've found that out the hard way. If it seems like too good of a deal to be true, it probably is.

Ben
'93 NX

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXBen:
go here:Thanks NXben!
Your instructions were very helpful. The cable arrives tommorow 8-15 and all I have to do is find that engine bay bracket.

http://www.sr20de.net/transaxle_clutch/index.html

I have done the clutch cable replacement before, so let me know if you have any specific questions.

At the transmission end, there is a thumbscrew and a 10mm nut that are used to tension the cable. There is a bracket on the end of the cable that holds it to the arm on the transmission.

There is a bracket in the middle of the cable that holds it in place in the engine bay. There should be a rubber grommet surrounding the cable that fits into this bracket.

At the pedal, there is a metal piece that fits into the end of the pedal. It's hard to describe, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Those descriptions kinda suck, but it's the best I can do for now.

I can probably snap some digital pictures if you really need them.

Ben
'93 NX
</font>

·
Registered
201 Posts
go here:

http://www.sr20de.net/transaxle_clutch/index.html

I have done the clutch cable replacement before, so let me know if you have any specific questions.

At the transmission end, there is a thumbscrew and a 10mm nut that are used to tension the cable. There is a bracket on the end of the cable that holds it to the arm on the transmission.

There is a bracket in the middle of the cable that holds it in place in the engine bay. There should be a rubber grommet surrounding the cable that fits into this bracket.

At the pedal, there is a metal piece that fits into the end of the pedal. It's hard to describe, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Those descriptions kinda suck, but it's the best I can do for now.

I can probably snap some digital pictures if you really need them.

Ben
'93 NX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts