SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking ahead to my next car which I want to be SR20 powered, how come I dont see people talking about the NX? From what I can tell its a slightly highpo, 2 seat version of the b-13 coupe or sedan.

An OK maybe the headlights and the nose are pretty ugly. Still, it comes with the better seats, brakes, wheel/tire package, etc.

Anybody have anything good to say about it vs the 2.0 sentra coupe?

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
You are SORELY mistaken my friend. NX2000's are hotter than ever. Take a look at the number of posts in the different sections HERE and tell me what section has the most threads views and the most views.

The brakes and tire/wheel combo are better, but the seats absolutely suck. Many people swap in B13 SE-R seats. I have a 92 SE-R and a 91 NX2000, and there's a certain 'something' about an NX that's hard to quantify, but it's really a great car with a personality that's different than the SE-R.

Oh, and yeah... they are kinda ugly. :)

C

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
johnny r said:
From what I can tell its a slightly highpo, 2 seat version of the b-13 coupe or sedan.
The engine, tranny, and suspension are identical to an SE-R. NX's have a bigger radiator, small power steering cooler, larger front brakes (as you mentioned), .5" wider wheels, 195/55/14 vs. 185/60/14 tires, and a different rear muffler, because of the shorter rear overhang. Oh, and the front seats suck. :)

C

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
duhhhhh yeah i see all the NX stuff out there

I am waiting for a clean low mile one to come along, might take a few months...

To further embarass myself, I will let out that I kind of want an automatic. Real tired of clutches in Boston traffic.

chriscar said:
You are SORELY mistaken my friend. NX2000's are hotter than ever. Take a look at the number of posts in the different sections HERE and tell me what section has the most threads views and the most views.

The brakes and tire/wheel combo are better, but the seats absolutely suck. Many people swap in B13 SE-R seats. I have a 92 SE-R and a 91 NX2000, and there's a certain 'something' about an NX that's hard to quantify, but it's really a great car with a personality that's different than the SE-R.

Oh, and yeah... they are kinda ugly. :)

C

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
ALLOT of NX's were made with auto tranny's. Mine has one, and it doesn't suck as much as I thought it would, but I use it as a daily driver and get my 5 speed fun from the SE-R.

Here are some pictures http://sr20.net/gallery/album64

C

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
"To further embarass myself, I will let out that I kind of want an automatic. Real tired of clutches in Boston traffic."

Im glad to hear that (save the 5spds for me)! Since you want an Auto you will be able to find one in good condition *fairly* quickly. But you will regret it. I find that the automatics are more expensive but have way less performance (they are almost ALWAYS cleaner though). Be prepared to run at least a second slower in the 1/4 stock vs a manual.

As for the front end of the NX I kind of like it. The stance of the NX with the sideskirts and the front piece just look hot to me.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i got my NX2K 2 yrs ago and i friggin love it. it has great performance. durable engine. great for a system. the only problems i find are the difficulty in finding body parts sometimes. plus i know what u mean about tha front but at least the 2000 front is better than the 1600. i had ta get a 1600 front after my accident

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
the seats do suck..so do se-r seats though no matter what i get a butt cramp....damn the luck

either way i wont buy another car unless its a nx2000 i know the car inside and out ind if i dont know about something i can always ask on here....either way the car is bad ass i like the front of the car but that just might be because im issing half of mine....the back seat is the most uncomfortable on ever produced and the hatch is heavy as hell when the shocks go but otther than that its a great car i would definately suggest getting one

Jeff

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
serchef said:
the seats do suck..so do se-r seats though no matter what i get a butt cramp....damn the luck
You really think so? I find the 91/92 SE-R seats to be great, and have done many a road trip in mine with no complaints. I'll let you know how my ass feels after I get back from SaltFest, which is 7+ hours each way. Uh... that doesn't sound quite right. :tongue:

C

·
NX Lightweight Not SE-R
859 Posts
dont the automatics have lesser features no anti lock brakes, air bags and stuff?

serchef arent there replacement shocks for the hatch some where?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Not true, they can have pw, pl, cruise, ac, and abs regardless of tranny.

Yes there are replacement lift supports (aka hatch struts) available. I replaced mine last year with a set I ordered at my local Autozone.

jere said:
dont the automatics have lesser features no anti lock brakes, air bags and stuff?

serchef arent there replacement shocks for the hatch some where?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good luck finding an NX. I believe there is a black automatic on ebay right now. Don't have a link, but it's easy to find.

BTW, I believe ABS was only available with a 5-speed. ???

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
theres an electric blue one on ebay right now too

·
Registered
358 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Not true, they can have pw, pl, cruise, ac, and abs regardless of tranny.

Yes there are replacement lift supports (aka hatch struts) available. I replaced mine last year with a set I ordered at my local Autozone.
How much were the lift supports? Mine are shot, and im tired of balencing the trunk on my head while i fiddle with **** in the trunk.. :D

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I think they were about $50-60 or so. I think I posted how much I paid in a post last year. It should be in the archives.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
LOL then you have never sat in any other "sport" seats!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yea I dont like the front seats either im looking for alternatives. But the egg is one of the best cars I have driven. A lot of things make it unique in the car world which sets it apart. Love it or hate it.

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
nizmo559 said:
Yea I dont like the front seats either im looking for alternatives. But the egg is one of the best cars I have driven. A lot of things make it unique in the car world which sets it apart. Love it or hate it.
i'm also looking for better front seats, i've done lots of research and i think i gonna have to go to a junkyard for something better (a fricking box with nails in it would be more comfortable than my seats).
on the nx subject, i love mine but don't like the blind spots, it seems to be easier to see things in my gf's sentra, anyone else have this problem?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts