SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i go in a parts store and get oem rotors and loaded calipers for a 91-93 nx2000 that they will fit my 96 200sx se-r with no problems? The calipers will bolt fine with a braket that comes with a loaded caliper?Will the brake line fint in perfect? Also i read about altima master cylinders being put in 200sx se-r's. If so what year altima's?Is it worth the trouble?Does it bold directly in?

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
make sure you ask for the 91-3 nx200 ABS setup.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i went to the advance auto website to price everything out. But when i looked up the rotors it has an option for japan rotors or non japan rotors. i knwo i have to get the ones for abs but what are they talkign abotu when they say japan or except japan?

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
All NX'en were made in Japan :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
The Japanese market NX's had different rotors. Something minor, I can't recall exactly. They were 0.25'' larger, or 0.0125 thicker or something. But yes, the Japanese rotors are different. This had nothing to do with a performance related anything, it was politicing. Nissan had a different manufacturer make all the rotors in Japan.

You want the "except Japan" rotors.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so which on should i get?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm almost positive you need the ones from Japan, because when I went to go get NX rotors from U.S. I asked for abs and they were like... "Duh". I was like well bring out the nx 2k rotor you have and it was the same size as my 200 rotor.. then they were like we have these ones from the Japan nx2k and those were the ones that were substasialy(?) bigger. Sorry to draw it out... forget it just get the Japan ones lol, Chad.

·
3 wheelin'
436 Posts
Order the Japan Made ones. I just replaced all four rotors on my NX. Worked out just fine. The Japan ones are 4mm larger in diameter.

·
Registered
495 Posts
thanks for the correction folks. There is your answer Red.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone knwo if they fit with the stock 15 inch se-r wheels

·
Registered
241 Posts
nx2000s all seem to be japan built. i have never come across an american nx2000. but, when a parts dealer say US rotors for an nx2000 they are the same size as the 91-94 se-r rotors.

i did the nx2000 brake upgrade and i feel there is no need to upgrade master cylinder. but, some say to do it.(BTW im using a stock b13 ga16 powered master cylinder, with a rear disk conversion and ad22vf nx big brakes up front, no pedal drop and no other problems)

i can get you some nice rotors. slotted and cross drilled for a great price.
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=74301

1 - 15 of 15 Posts