SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Except for white, all the NX colors I've seen are dull and not lively at all. Dark red, dark blue, dark gray... the blue and gray are even hard to tell apart! I'd like to make my NX look really good but being dark gray I dunno if it can ever be a looker. I'll Zaino it til the cows come home, but I just dunno if it will ever stand out because of it's dark color. What do ya'll think?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have the white too and its not the least bit boring in my opinion...its a perfect contrast with the charcoal color body molding that goes around the entire car...I love it!!
If you want to get it to shine, buy the MOTHERS clay bar system...after you do that...use zymol or some kind of car polish and then...use mothers wax or gliptone or some kind of a good wax to go over the polish...depending on the condition of your paint..your car should come out looking almost brand new....no matter how your car looks, the clay bar system will do an amazing job of cleaning the paint and giving it a nice shine....I used it on my rx-7 when i had it, and that car had tons of imperfections...but the clay bar system made it look very decent in spite. Hope this helps!

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup. Been doing the Clay Magic and Zaino Show Car Polish thing for a while now. Zaino has their own clay bar now too. As SOON as that thing is painted (and the paint gets a few days to cure or whatever) you can bet I'm going to detail that thing like I've never detailed before in hopes of getting that dark gray paint to shine. It's already in good condition.

·
Registered
201 Posts
As long as you're getting it painted....

Seriously, though. If you want it to stand out, what about the Electric Blue color (don't know the official name) that was avaliable on the NX? I've always loved that color!

Ben
'93 NX

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I used the mothers clay bar on my NX a few weeks ago and ever since I did that and a wax my car looks brighter and I have bin getting a lot of comments from people on how good the car looks.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
Registered
178 Posts
I love my Cherry Pearl (dark red) color of my NX. That is my all time favorite. My 89 pulsar and 86 pulsar were that color too. The finish of my cars paint has been wet looking ever since I bought it. Sure, that color is not for everybody but it sure beats the hell out of teal!(barf) Just my $0.02

·
Registered
77 Posts
Aztec Red's a pretty shiny, bright colour... my car gets a few looks when I wax it up. According to the colour guide on Bubba Z's site, the colour choices for '93 were Vail White, Aztec Red, Slate Grey Pearl, Electric Blue, Sapphire Blue and Super Black. Yellow Pearlglow and Ruby Red were only for the 1600...

http://65.11.246.68/nissanmarketingstuff/1993nissancolorguide3.html

I think that, contrary to most imports, the NX looks best in bright colours. Although I'd hate owning, say, a bright red Integra or Civic, I think that Aztec Red really suits my NX better than the dark metallics I prefer on those cars. Although I really don't like yellow as a colour in most cars, if I were to repaint my car, I think I'd do it in Yellow Pearlglow from the 1600...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts