SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has done this? And does it fit in perfectly? Any tips?

I have read where alot of people have done this. I am seriously thinking of this. From my old NX and Sentra brochures form 91-94 it appears it should match up perfectly.

Who should I order it from and do I need to order any other parts/pieces?

I thank each and every one of you for any input and or pointers.

Classic91

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5-speed, LSD, Leather-package, Sunroof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille, custom "SE-R" dash protector. Never had 5th gear pop-out. Babied 109K miles. NEVER abused, wrecked or smoked in. (Still have the orginal SE-R Wheels and Stereo)
Web-page http://community.webtv.net/SentraSE-Rman/My1991ClassicSentra/

[This message has been edited by 91ClassicSE-R (edited 07-25-2001).]

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
I have a 91 classic, and my best friend has an NX2000, and the dashboard looks exactly the same, going down to that little shelf thing underneath the ashtray (and in front of the shifter), back to under the parking brake. behind that though, the NX has a center console storage that my SE-R doesn't have. Instead, i have this cheap-ass lookin rear ashtray.

also, those little illustrations in between the front vents, the ones that indicate if the switch is on outside air or inside air...
in the NX his are blue and white colored, whereas mine are just kinda there.

but maybe that's cuz i have a 91 and my friend has a 92. well, hope this helps

·
0 Posts
I plan on doing the same thing as soon as I can sneak some money out of my account.
Any tips anyone?
anyone?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the NX2K center console in my classic. The old console has 6 screws, I think, holding it in. Well, the NX2K center console fit in fine, but I couldn't get the 2 screws on the back to line up properly, so I just left those screws out, and I have had no problems. The console stays perfectly in place.

You can get them from any dealership, but it's more tha $80 I think. Best bet is to go to a junkyard or buy one used from somebody here.

I love having the storage in the console. The only probelm is that it makes buckling the seat belt kind of a tight fit, but it's not a problem, really.

Hope this helps.

Tommy

·
Registered
195 Posts
I put the center console in my '92 SE-R as well and I love it! I don't know why Nissan didn't make the consoles standard equipment on the Sentras. The price was $112, shipped. You will also need an NX floor bracket. The one in the Sentra doesn't work with the console.

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
well im confused, if its jsut a like why switch?? AND i ordered a dsash from a salvage yard because i was getting sick of seeing white paint....i got all the pieces i need for 35 dollars, in excellent shape!

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies [[email protected]]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
It fits in pretty easy. Ive wanted one but havent got around to it. I posted some pics of one a while back...dont know where the pics are now if I can find them on my HD ill repost them. the main reason they didnt put them in the classic standard was the seat belts. Like most say its hard to buckle the belt with it there. The nx doesnt use the same belt on seat type of system. So its not a problem in there.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
Registered
596 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xTurbo Classicx:
well im confused, if its jsut a like why switch?? AND i ordered a dsash from a salvage yard because i was getting sick of seeing white paint....i got all the pieces i need for 35 dollars, in excellent shape!

</font>
The console is different from the dash. The dash is the part that goes around your stereo and A/C controls and such. the center console is the part that encloses your parking brake and goes between the 2 front seats.

The NX2K console has a storage compartment right behind the parking brake lever. The SE-R console does not have this storage compartment.

The dashes of both cars are the same.

What do you mean when you say you are sick of seeing white paint?

Tommy

·
1,168 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tommy:

What do you mean when you say you are sick of seeing white paint?

Tommy

</font>
I riced my car up about a year ago and painted my dash..and my center consol white. Along with those little plastic vent pieces by the winshield. When i tired of that i just purchased those pieces....i hsoulda got the nx2k consol so i can have a arm rest when i travel!

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies [[email protected]]

·
Registered
858 Posts
fits perfect.5 minutes and done.my nos gauge is hidden in the arm rest so cops can't see hehe!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
i have the armrest...30 bux from a junkyard, fits great, just recently had the armrest cover redone in leather, thanks to rob's (SE-Rican) dad...if you live in south fl, i and need interior work, i highly recommend him.

i will try to get some pics soon of the leather covered top.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

·
1,168 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts