Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Blooot is no longer making this item.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND HIM ANY MONEY OR ORDERS.

Blooot said:
Newest Update! The hardware is in and the parts are ready to ship!

Fix your hatch cover for good! For only $35US you can get a set of black hard annodized billet aluminum hatch cover pivots, including mounting hardware, shipping and an allen key (just like IKEA!) for installation. These pivots can provide a fix for broken mounting points on your hatch cover or broken pivots (I happened to have both). Istallation requires drilling four 3/16" holes in your hatch cover, and you're set to go!

Thanks to those of you who have purchased so far -- your parts are in the mail!

TO PURCHASE: Click here for ground shipping ($35):
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/[email protected]&item_name=Billet+Aluminum+NX+Hatch+Cover+Pivots+(GROUND+SHIPPING)&amount=35.00&no_note=1&currency_code=USD

or here for air shipping ($37):
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/[email protected]&item_name=Billet+Aluminum+NX+Hatch+Cover+Pivots+(AIR+SHIPPING)&amount=37.00&no_note=1&currency_code=USD

Note 1: There was a slight change in air shipping pricing -- Air Mail is going to be $2 extra, rather than $1 extra.

Note 2: This applies only to shipping in the US and Canada, if you want them shipped elsewhere, drop me an email [email protected] and I can get you a total.

Thanks!!!
Derek got mine today. Thanks! It looks very very nice.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
So how do you like them Steve? I am tempted to get a set but... I have had my NX for almost 5 years and the stock ones that were on the car when I bought it have never broken. I'm beginning to think thats a rarity after seeing how many of the aluminum ones have been sold already. I think I have to hold out until mine break though. I'm curious see to how long they are going to last lol. Those aluminum ones do look damn good though hmmm.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
So how do you like them Steve? I am tempted to get a set but... I have had my NX for almost 5 years and the stock ones that were on the car when I bought it have never broken. I'm beginning to think thats a rarity after seeing how many of the aluminum ones have been sold already. I think I have to hold out until mine break though. I'm curious see to how long they are going to last lol. Those aluminum ones do look damn good though hmmm.

My stock ones are still serviceable too (knock on wood), although I managed to break the little hooks these pieces snap into. Wasn't there a possibility mentioned of having those made by the same guy who machined the pictured pieces?

·
8,150 Posts
Mine were broken and I got a set. These things are a waste of good looks because no one will ever see them. They are freaking awesome. It is overkill in quality. Which speaks a lot. I think my hatch cover will fall apart before these pivot arms go bad.

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must agree to Ian. They are overkill in quality!!! Matt my stock pivots are well in tact as well. But I thought I would buy these just in case they do ever break on me. But I did not expect the quality to be this tremendous. What is broken on my NX is the hooks that the pivots snaps into, similar to Nitelife.

Derek if you have time will you be able to make this happen? (the little hooks for the pivots)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guys, the reason I am staying away from making the clips is that they are available cheap (I think -- mine haven't broken yet) from nissan, where as my billet pins fix both a broken pin, and a broken hatch cover (when your screws pull out or those nubs break off), which is much more costly to replace. I didn't think the demand for the clips was high enough, but if you get together enough people (say 10) that commit to buying them, I'll look into it. They don't look too hard, but production machining is a tricky thing sometimes, so I couldn't tell you how much they will cost. It would probably similar to the pins, even though they are smaller, since there probably are the same number of operations.

Thanks so much to all of you who are enjoying the pins. I am happy that you like them -- and yeah they are probably overkill (in form and function), but much of my practical engineering background was honed building Battlebots (robots Pressure Drop in Season 1, and Complete Control in seasons 2-5), so I tend to go overboard if at all. :)

Thanks again.... and like I just said in the original thread, I still have lots of sets left so if you want to get in on this party -- it's still going on.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love my set. $35 is cheap in my opinion for having a fully functional package shelf in an NX for the first time in many years.

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blooot said:
and yeah they are probably overkill (in form and function), but much of my practical engineering background was honed building Battlebots (robots Pressure Drop in Season 1, and Complete Control in seasons 2-5), so I tend to go overboard if at all. :)
Derek,

Don't get us a wrong! We like "overkill" product!!!! It's a compliment to your pivots. They are really really great....and SUPER!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Derek
Just installed my hatch cover pivots today. Excellent quality and fast shipping service.
Thanks and good luck with your future ventures.

Dennis in central PA

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just bumping this thread again -- It's been a while and I keep getting PM's asking if I still have more of these -- the answer is a solid YES -- I have many sets, so feel free to order away with confidence! If I run out (not terribly likely for a while), I will be certain to let you all know.

The link again -- $35 including shipping via PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/xclick/[email protected]&item_name=Billet+Aluminum+NX+Hatch+Cover+Pivots+(GROUND+SHIPPING)&amount=35.00&no_note=1&currency_code=USD

Just so I'm not totally wasting your time, check out the bike I built my gf for her birthday http://www.queuebert.com/bike.htm

Thanks guys,

Derek

·
8,150 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guys -- it's me again for my not so often thread bumping. This time it is for a good reason, not only are piles of these cover pivots cluttering up my apartment, I am also trying to raise money to help cover the costs of my entry into the Targa Newfoundland (http://www.targanewfoundland.com) -- a 2200km (1375 mile) tarmac rally held on the east coast of Canada this September.

I will be co-driving my brothers 350Z (as shown below) in the touring division. This is an expensive venture so any help in the form of sales would be greatly appreciated. To help you all out in buying these things, I am dropping the price to $28 shipped -- a 20% savings!. Act now as this low Targa special price will only last until I leave for NFLD in Sept.

Here's the Targa Special link: https://www.paypal.com/xclick/[email protected]&item_name=Billet+Aluminum+NX+Hatch+Cover+Pivots+TARGA+SPECIAL+(GROUND+SHIPPING)&amount=30.00&no_note=1&currency_code=USD

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.