SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever come accross an NX model kit? I have been looking for some time now and have yet to find even one. I know that if there was one from Japan then it would be an NX100 kit. Any body???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NADA Bro, I'll keep my eye out though, you never know what you're gonna find in good ole southern Mo.!
TOBY still wantin' stuff and lookin' for an NX model...............

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bloke. Maybe the model manufatures should read this. Hmmmmmm.... what I need is a free trip to Japan. Maybe i'll drive there?????? hmmmmmmm.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cossie, where have you looked for one??? I wonder if e-bay or another auction place, or maybe even surfing the net for hours on end may find one; or maybe no one ever made one cause most the people I know think my car looks like a frog and sounds like a pissed off sewing machine (it kinda pisses me off, till I smoke their ass......!) Anyway, good luck and may the force be with you.......
TOBY; slowly losing his mind in southern Mo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked on e-bay, all over the internet (www.dogpile.com) and I don't think anyone makes it. I just wanted to see if anyone else had. I really fell for my car when I saw the headlights and I drove one for the 1st time. Hey, some people think Mustangs look good. Comes down to personal choice. Keep working them and thanks.

·
Registered
883 Posts
You should try emailing Tamiya and asking them. Also, I dont know much about the NX, but was it called something else in Europe or Japan? If so, maybe you could try looking for that instead. Just an idea.

------------------

Kris94G20™

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kris.
Outside of the U.S. it's called an NX100 and NX100 "someting or other" if it has the 2.0. I'm to tired to remember. I may just write Tamiya an E-mail in the off chance that one man can change the world. A G20. what have you done? I know that Steve at SMC has, or had, a G20 that he played with a lot. Nice little 4 door. I'm sure there are models of the G20.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
You should try emailing Tamiya and asking them. Also, I dont know much about the NX, but was it called something else in Europe or Japan? If so, maybe you could try looking for that instead. Just an idea.

</font>
Kris, if that is you who are doing ll those drawing I think you should apply to a magazine if you can do stuff like that. Do me a favor, do my NX2000 for me.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/images/nx2.JPG

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually there is a model, I seen it last night while searching through the SR20SE webring...
http://www1.gateway.ne.jp/%7Ewataken/nxmania/main.htm

You'll see a link on the menu bar for model kits.

[This message has been edited by ziegler2000 (edited 04-21-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the link. It's not bad, but looks real custom. Like a 1 off. I think I need to go to Nissan and dig through their warehouse for the original models. UUUUUWWWWWWWW, now that would be fun.

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cossie:
Thanks Kris.
A G20. what have you done? I know that Steve at SMC has, or had, a G20 that he played with a lot. Nice little 4 door. I'm sure there are models of the G20.
</font>

Ahh, i havent done much. I am looking for the JDM motor right now. I have a little saved up, plus with a mad big tax return, Im hoping to get most of what i want done. I have the motor basically covered. I sold a Integra motor to cover the SR20DE price. Then I am looking to go with the AGX/GC setup. The exhaust lookslike I am stuck with a Trust, or go with a custom one. I got a friend who is a distributor for ACT, that will be my clutch. Then with what is leftover, maybe some cams (fingers crossed). Most of this has been approved by higher powers (wife). I am now just in search of the motor.
I still need pointers on the best place for the suspension stuff, and the exhaust, looks like either from $tillen, or find a shop around town to bring it in. Yes there are lots of models of the Primera. but not the G20 (same difference) Infact I just bought a Primera Body for my Little RC car. Hope it turns ou nice. I have a Alfa Romeo, and a M3 right now. I dont think they make NX's, that would be different. I will pass the props on to the guy who does the drawings. I dont do them. I lost my drawing ability when I was in high school. I brok my wrist then, and really havent been able to sit and draw anymore.

------------------

Kris94G20™

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello guys. i am also searching a model from the nx. but there is no one. the model as seen on nx mania is self build. i have asked the man who have done this a few months ago. in europe there is no model available. nx1600/nx2000 is only called 100NX in europe. in japan it's nx-coupe. i think in japan there is also no model. so that are bad news. no model in the states or in europe or in japan. from the g20 you get much more models. search for primera's. look for race versions and you will find a few. running mostly at the british, german, australian or japanese touring car champoinships.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok this is twisted, but if I can find the time, i'm going to build a bleedin NX2000 model. I have scratch built before so i'll give it a run. Maybe i'll just pay the $100,000 it costs to make a fresh, never before, disgned kit...... then again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ziegler2000:
Actually there is a model, I seen it last night while searching through the SR20SE webring...
http://www1.gateway.ne.jp/%7Ewataken/nxmania/main.htm

You'll see a link on the menu bar for model kits.

[This message has been edited by ziegler2000 (edited 04-21-2001).]
</font>
Dang! How do you guys think we could get our hands on those models?

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake, Headers, Exhaust, Flywheel...14.689 @ 94.05mph

·
Registered
15 Posts
as written above the model kit on nx mania is self build. have contacted the guy by e-mail some months ago. no nx model available to buy in japan from a manufacturer. but i thinking also about to build one. in 1:10 scale for radio controlled cars. but this is a lot of work :-(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts