SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night temperatures outside dropped to -40C and like an idiot i forgot to plug in my car, as i had a final this morning and another this afternoon i decided to drive my car anyway, she started a little rough but started, i let her warm up for about 45min, when i got in she was running a little bit hot but nothing serious, i checked my rad fan before leaving and it was running. as i was on the freeway on my way to school the temp gauge crept towards H until the needle was all the way past it. i got to school as fast as i could and turned off my car. there was coolant all over the engine bay, i am almost positive it all came from the reservoir tank since it overheated, i quickly checked all the houses i saw no obvious cracks, being that it was -40 out and i had a final to write i did not give it a thorough look over.

its my only transportation home but i dont wanna drive it if it will hurt it. any ideas what the problem is?

thank you for all the help in advanced.

·
B13 Switch Hitter
492 Posts
Last night temperatures outside dropped to -40C and like an idiot i forgot to plug in my car, as i had a final this morning and another this afternoon i decided to drive my car anyway, she started a little rough but started, i let her warm up for about 45min, when i got in she was running a little bit hot but nothing serious, i checked my rad fan before leaving and it was running. as i was on the freeway on my way to school the temp gauge crept towards H until the needle was all the way past it. i got to school as fast as i could and turned off my car. there was coolant all over the engine bay, i am almost positive it all came from the reservoir tank since it overheated, i quickly checked all the houses i saw no obvious cracks, being that it was -40 out and i had a final to write i did not give it a thorough look over.

its my only transportation home but i dont wanna drive it if it will hurt it. any ideas what the problem is?

thank you for all the help in advanced.
THATS too friggin cold!!!!! If it was windy or snowing, buildup on the radiator??
Was the antifreeze mix up to snuff??? Too late to ck it now..... if not the thermostat.... freeze plugs?? Blown head gasket maybe after the overheat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts