SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a concise lowdown on the primary differences of the NX from other SR20DE powered cars? Things like the power steering cooler which is just a long, hard line in front of the radiator that not many other ones have, what years had what options available, changes per model year, etc.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
Can someone give me a concise lowdown on the primary differences of the NX from other SR20DE powered cars? Things like the power steering cooler which is just a long, hard line in front of the radiator that not many other ones have, what years had what options available, changes per model year, etc.</font>
Well, I'll try to be as concise as I can, although someone else who knows quite a bit more can chime in. (I'm hella bored this morning.)

I believe options and standard equipment were similar to the Sentra SE-R. A/C and cruise control were options (never standard.) Power windows and door locks were part of a "power package" of sorts (not sure which year it was offered.) T-tops were an option, but became standard in '93 (or so I've been told.) Driver side airbags were common on all three model years, although there were a select few NXen that didn't come with them. Some also came with sunroofs instead of t-tops (but I believe that's the NX1600.) Some of the changes made in the SE-R in '93 also happened to the NX in '93, like the revised gauge cluster, and the moldings on the NX were body color instead of gray. All NX2k's, I believe, were made in Japan, and MOST, if not all, had the AD22VF's regardless of whether it had ABS or not (which was also optional.)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R (everything but ABS)
1993 NX2000 (nothing but T-tops and airbag)

[This message has been edited by RollcageSR20 (edited 05-14-2001).]

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I thouhgt but am not sure, that AC was standard on the nx.
Nick McCollom 93nx2000

G

·
I didn't know my little put-put 1992 NX was so decked out with options! I have cruise, A/C, T-tops, airbag and antilock brakes.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well, I don't think the airbag was standard...cuz mine doesn't have one! My NX has power windows/brakes/steering..etc..no airbag, no T roof, no abs, no A/C. Guess I got the "base" NX2000.

------------------

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
is the abs only on the front ? i have had my rear brakes lock up on me. I have no ac too just the t tops, abs, power windows, and cruse.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

·
Registered
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nick:
is the abs only on the front ? i have had my rear brakes lock up on me. I have no ac too just the t tops, abs, power windows, and cruse.

</font>
Hey Nick, aren't you on IC.com as well?

------------------

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
Well, I don't think the airbag was standard...cuz mine doesn't have one! My NX has power windows/brakes/steering..etc..no airbag, no T roof, no abs, no A/C. Guess I got the "base" NX2000.

</font>
No you got a Canadian one!! My US hard top had no abs no a/c no power anything but hard airbag. US saftey laws I guess.

Blair
91 NX2k (x2)

------------------

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
Hey Nick, aren't you on IC.com as well?

</font>
Yep im on there too as Major Bludd

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

·
Registered
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blair:
No you got a Canadian one!! My US hard top had no abs no a/c no power anything but hard airbag. US saftey laws I guess.

Blair
91 NX2k (x2)

</font>
Guess I'm lucky to be in Canada!

------------------

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's all in the options packages guys... NXs could be optioned out as strippers or with power toys. I've got a hardtop 5-spd. with the power package (mirrors/windows/door locks) and no A/C... a pretty good combination of light weight and decent options IMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts