SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering what sort times our cars do on the quarter standard (with no mods)?

Also your eperiences there and times you've all gained if possible? and mods you've done to get those times, etc?
ta_

lance

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well, I believe our cars run a 16.1 quarter mile stock. I went to the track with a K&N and 2.25" catback exhaust and ran a 16.4!! The next day my clutch went out...and when it was apart, I saw that the friction disk was only half there! I dont think it was from the track either...it was just stock and old. Now there's a JWT clutch in there, and I can't wait to see what kind of times I run in the spring.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
16.1 stock!

Well, I'm very happy with my effort then.
Advanced timing to 18 degrees and I removed the air filter for better flow...

results as follows were >
1st run 15.95
2nd run 16.03
3rd run 15.94

------------------------------------------------
jokergrin> let us know what time you get those mods as reckon you should do well! best i got was 15.94 on my last run.

lance

·
Registered
244 Posts
you have no air filter? man your in for some trouble!!!!

Daniel

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
You also gota remember that those are mag times probaly. And they go though some crazy lengths to get those numbers. One of the most common thing is to ice down the air box and intake before running. But they also dont know the fine points of each car. But they are better than your average driver. That explains why most people dont meet the mag listed times. But then someone like Jay H. goes out there and runs a 15.5 in a stock NX(dont know if he has or could just proving a point, he has shaved almost seconds off of peoples car just by him driving it correctly).

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I believe Jay went 15.0 with an knn filter and exhaust.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header(not installed), Hotshot CAI (waiting for patiently)

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
<---------lost.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header(not installed), Hotshot CAI (waiting for patiently)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts