SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday as I was getting in first.. the car started to backfire.. and then afterwards run really crappy.. it hesitates, and has been hard to start up since.

Also not to mention the car smells like gas inside and out. I believe it's running a bit too rich?

I took it to a muffler shop today hoping that the cat just came loose because that's where it was shaking crazy at idle..

A gasket was blown, which was replaced while another seemed to have a leak and then was spot welded. Thought it would have been no big deal until I drove the car home and it still ran crappy as ever. Not as loud as it used to when the gasket blew, but it's not the same.. the power is totally gone.. but the backfire seems to have ceased.. somewhat.

Is this the cause of a bad injector? I tried looking at the SE-R mailing archives, but the search function was unavailable.

Any ideas? I am going to check the injectors, but how will I know which ones are bad and which ones aren't?

By the way, it's a 1991 NX2000 w/over 128,000 miles.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

------------------
Jerome
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R (passed down)

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 07-20-2001).]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, tested the injectors today.

3 of them came at a read of 11.1-11.2 ohms, while injector #1 came at 27.something..

Guess that should do it. Ordered a reman'd one today which should come in on Monday. Hope that does the trick.

------------------
Jerome
1991 NX2000

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
You didn't need our help. You know what yer doing

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
You didn't need our help. You know what yer doing

</font>
Hey thanks Ben. But it's always good to get a second opinion.. ya know?

------------------
Jerome
1991 NX2000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts