SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I ran Axxis Ultimates and liked them, but they did dust a lot. They stopped well and were predictable. A bit annoying when cold, but they came up to temp fast. Never got me into any trouble...then again i drive like a granny :)

·
Weekend Warrior
4,491 Posts
- GregV sales them on his site I believe along with the rotors if you need those.

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
I like Carbotech Bobcats. Work decent, don't have much of the cold increased stopping distance issue (if you want to call it that), and don't dust too much. Plus I usually order them while ordering track pads :)

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
x2 on the Bobcats, I've been running them for 4 or 5 years.

C

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
The bobcats made a big difference in reducing the "warped rotor" issue on my wife's 02 Maxima. Went from like every 12k miles to 25-30k miles. I have a set I'm about to put on the FX but a friend put them on his FX and LOVES them.

·
Infiniti Parts Guy
979 Posts
I acquired a set of EBC pads and they weren't bad, but I swapped over to the axxis ultimates and would definitely recommend them. They're cheap too!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I was going to go with Carbotech but when they got rid of Matt in the way they did I didnt feel right giving my money to a company like that. Im odd i know.

The NX had ultimates on it since like not long after Calum bought it and the whole time I had it they were on the car. I sold the spare set to Louis as well. They were some of the best pads I had in the 5 or 6 years of driving sr20 cars. Hell Id prob put them on my fj as well.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I was going to go with Carbotech but when they got rid of Matt in the way they did I didnt feel right giving my money to a company like that. Im odd i know.
Me, too.

I just bought a set of Porterfield R4 pads after getting my Raybestos or whatever brake pads smoking at an autocross. I used these Back In The Day on my old '93 SE-R and also my Lightning and always liked them.

Pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts