SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am having an issue with my 91 nx 2000 first off the starter wasnt turnning over i was getting nothin out of it so we replaced the starter still nothin when the car is off and i turn the highbeams on the light on the dash board turn on ? hmm what could be wrong thanks in advance for anyadvice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Really hope someone replies to his question, because I am having the exact same problem.

My car will randomly start, though more often or not it just wont at all. I have had the battery tested and it is fine. I have been told that the problem might be that when the car is warm the solder on a circuit board expands resulting in a loose connection. Though it seems to happen even if I haven't used the car for 10 - 12 hours.

Anyway, I've just towed it into my local mechanics who is going to take a look at it.
I'll keep you posted on what he finds out.

·
Master of Swordchuckery
527 Posts
Check all your grounds/earths

·
Registered
8 Posts
My mechanic found the problem in my instance, it was the starter motor. Once he had rebuilt it the car started fine.

If your headlights turn on and your battery seems fine, then the start motor is definitely a possibility for the cause.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts