SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you think the NX is well put together? My NX has stress cracks at different parts of the chassis. My old hood was falling apart where it bolted to the hinges. Around the door, there are stress cracks at the door latch on both sides, there are stress cracks at the bottom of the frame of the door, I noticed last night that my left rear wheel wheel is starting to rust underneath (NX owners look closley around your left wheel well). The body is in good condition and caster is OK but these are very noticable to me on a 91?
Larry Weeks (those who know of him) had to get his A pillars replaced because of rusting problems.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
My 92 NX is in good condition., sounds like your car has bin a accident almost ?

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 04-12-2001).]

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nick:
My 92 NX is in good condition., sounds like your car has bin a accident almost ?

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 04-12-2001).]
</font>

It's been hit before but these things been there before the accident. These are natural decay spots. Sucks when you are not the origional owner I guess.

G

·
Well it is true. If one drives their NX (w/T's) really hard, then the 2 spot welds at the B pillar tend to separate. I autocrossed my NX for several years and ended up welding a second frame underneath. In general the NX has a strong frame for it's grouping even with the T's. Pretty White, is your car undercoated?

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cossie:
Well it is true. If one drives their NX (w/T's) really hard, then the 2 spot welds at the B pillar tend to separate. I autocrossed my NX for several years and ended up welding a second frame underneath. In general the NX has a strong frame for it's grouping even with the T's. Pretty White, is your car undercoated?</font>
Yeah it is but after the summer before the winter I am going to spin weld the rear and re-undercoat the whole underneath.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts