SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought this upgrade, seems everywhere I read, the majority felt you didn't need to upgrade the master cylinder.

Well I installed the brakes finally, broke the pads in, and they're awesome and they last instead of going to mush! .....But, I have less pedal pressure now. I have to push the brake pedal closer to the floor now before anything happens.

I checked on nj1200 website, I have his exact same set-up, and he said he felt he had better pedal pressure after his installation!

Also I've bled the brakes once myself, then after a couple hundred miles I had my mechanic do a four wheel brake bleed. So air in the lines is not the problem.

I heard I should probably use the nx2000 master cylinder for this upgrade. But I know in SCC, they used an altima master cylinder when they got there big front and rear rotors put on the 200 se-r.

Experiences? any opinions?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well have you bled the MC? There could be a little air up there. All I have heard is that the nx brakes will improve peddle feel. Maybe going to a set of braided brake lines will help? Everyone I have heard that changed to the NX MC says that the peddle is really mushy. Keep bleeding and adjust the freeplay in the peddle and see if that helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bleed the m.c.? I didn't know you could do such a thing! Have you ever done this before? As for s.s. lines, I know they will help, but I don't think they'll make a huge difference in pedal pressure. Plus aren't the lines like $200? Thanks for the advise bowlcut. :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The Goodridge G-Stop SB brake lines are $150.00 IIRC from Nissan Motorsports. P/N 46200-22043. I'm sure Courtesy Nissan can give you a good price.
And according to Nissan Motorsports you should use the NX2000 M/C
P/N's 46010-69Y20 (Non ABS)
46010-60Y71 (ABS)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, that part # sounds right, also, I am 99.99% sure we do have those in stock, and also, the mc will not make that much of a diffrence, so it is not really worth the time or the money to mess with it.

G

·
0 Posts
Speaking of brakes, I have heard a lot of good things about the BABK, but I have yet to really see any specs or pricing on them, or even where to get them. Anyone have any specs or info on them?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Maybe Im wrong about bleeding the MC. We did it with a few friends trucks in good old redneck fashion here in TN. What we do is but a rag around the bottom of the MC and pump up the brakes and then losen the connectors on the lines bleading the air near the top of the MC. maybe it wont work on our cars but Ive done it on 93+ rangers, 90 dodge dekoda and a few other cars. who knows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts