SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i just bought my car a month ago. All of a sudden im having problems with the rear brake and my ebrake. I get the price back for new brake estimate and it was around 5-600 dollars for just the rear. The mechanic is a personal friend so i know hes not gonna screw me over. I told him not to touch it until i found out some information.


Now what i need to know is what the upgrade intails, i need new rotors and calipers, and what the cost of this would be. Anyone have any insight or help please hook me up.

Thanks
Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
The NX2K brake upgrade is just for the front. It was around 550bux - core. But to get the ~120 core charge back, you have to return NX2K calipers which I dont have any and dont have time to look around in a junkyard for them.

I have heard, however, that you can upgrade the rear brakes to that of the 95-99 Maxima. I have no idea on price tho. call Brian up at Courtesy Nissan he can give u the info. www.courtesyparts.com the phone# is at the bottom of the page
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
So then don't go thru Courtesy. I got mine thru my local Nissan dealer. I just gave them the part numbers for the calipers and rotors, and when they asked for a core, I returned my stock se-r calipers. They didn't know the difference. The reason Courtesy requests the "old" AD22VF calipers, is because they lose money when they get the se-r calipers back instead of the AD22VFs.
 

·
Air filter cleaner masta
Joined
·
4,218 Posts
go to this website www.jgycustoms.com . Give that guy a call. He will help you out. Dont spend that much money, you will be fine with this. Your ebrake only needs pads. Have the pads changed and the e-brake should work fine.
I had the same problem with my 96. Dont worry, its not a big deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,793 Posts
seriuss said:
So then don't go thru Courtesy. I got mine thru my local Nissan dealer. I just gave them the part numbers for the calipers and rotors, and when they asked for a core, I returned my stock se-r calipers. They didn't know the difference. The reason Courtesy requests the "old" AD22VF calipers, is because they lose money when they get the se-r calipers back instead of the AD22VFs.
you have to give back the same ones you took no matter what dealership, some you can screw some you cant because their parts guys actually might know their **** :D :D :D:D:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
i guess i was a lucky one then. :D
 

·
Baby Blue VVL
Joined
·
3,202 Posts
seriuss
nice to see another se-l on the board

anyway yes the nx upgrade is only for the front the maxima (94-98) is for the rear
if you decide to upgrade go with "loaded calipers" there are plenty of threads in the archives to help you

good luck
O
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
OnyxEros said:
seriuss
nice to see another se-l on the board

anyway yes the nx upgrade is only for the front the maxima (94-98) is for the rear
if you decide to upgrade go with "loaded calipers" there are plenty of threads in the archives to help you

good luck
O
What do you have to do to make the maxima brakes fit the rear? or is it just a bolt on situation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
i heard u have to drill the holes into the maxima rotor so that it will fit your lugs. a maxima has 5 lugs, our cars have 4...
 

·
Baby Blue VVL
Joined
·
3,202 Posts
Steve at smc makes the rotors so you don't have to drill, but the cool thing is that the calipers bolt right up (so i have heard) even the e-brake line is a perfect match

O
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,793 Posts
OnyxEros said:
Steve at smc makes the rotors so you don't have to drill, but the cool thing is that the calipers bolt right up (so i have heard) even the e-brake line is a perfect match

O
and they are expensive too, but real good quality.
 

·
They're just cones!
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
So how much is expensive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,793 Posts
Driven97 said:
So how much is expensive?
I know what my price is and I cringed when I heard how much they were. Retial is probably somewhere around $350 each I would guess
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top