SR20 Forum banner

NX2000 brakes on 91-94 SE-R

3K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
I'm getting varied responses about this. Some say the stock SE-R wheels will not clear, some say they will. Where do they rub? Since the stock NX2K wheels are 14" in diameter like the SE-R, I can't see why the diameter is a problem. Is it that the SE-R wheels are only 5.5" wide? They must rub on the side then. Will spacers fix this problem? Do I need to grind some off the calipers. Where? Will aftermarket 14X6 wheels with 35mm offset clear OK?

Sorry if this has already been beat to death before.

Thanks,
Matt

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Thanks huys, that's the info I was looking for. One more thing. Besides off of an NX2K, where can I get the caliper mounting braket from? They don't come on loaded calipers at Pep Boys like I was led to believe.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
So Pat, if I understand this correctly, you just bought those caliplers with the 33% discount for $133. You'll return the cores for a $100 discount and end up paying a whopping $33 for 2 loaded NX2K calipers? Is that right?

If so, I'm calling today to get those.

Matt

Discussion starter · #24 ·
OK well I guess I'll get them. Worst case I'll have to get some brackets from Nissan or a junkyard. I suppose I could send them back

BTW, the price I found for the Wagner loaded calipers on Carparts.com was $43 each. So that's 43+43+50(core)+50(core)

33% discount means that's $123. So, IF they are not smart and return $100 on the core, that'll be a whopping $23 for 2 loaded NX2K calipers. Why don't they just give them away?

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.