SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I just got my hands on a 1993 NX2000 with a blown motor. I am going to swapping in a Primera motor from SOKO next week. What I want to know if anyone else has done this and if there are any hang ups associated with this swap. Thanks in advance for any help....Chris

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
what are you paying for the motor from soko, if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's $550 plus shipping. I think it's probably not a Primera motor, but it's a jap spec SR20DE. I was hoping it was a Primera but for that price I really doubt it. I am just glad it doesn't have the AIV or EGR. It was ordered Thursday should be here by Wednesday. Shipping is another $90 to Milwaukee, WI. T

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
holy **** that's so cheap. i think i might try to get one for my birthday which is november 21!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Okay, time for the PC Police to step in.
it's a jap spec
You should use the abbreviation JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) when refering to Japanese engines. A lot of people find the word "Jap" to be offensive.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to anyone offended

Didn't mean it in any negative and I hope it was not taken that way. It was by no means a done on purpose, I have the utmost respect for Japanese-Americans or Japanese folk. Without them, who else would've made great affordable cars. Once again I am sorry, and thank you for pointing out my gaffe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts