SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a NX2000 and it was working good until last weekend...my car jus shuts off on the road sometimes...it aint the battery because my radio is still on...does anyone know what the problem may be?...could it be the fuel pump or is it jus the engine?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I had a fuel pump that would do that on my Prelude. It would run fine but then die and not restart for an hour or so. It was intermittant for like 6 months and drove me crazy.

What happens when the car shuts off? Can you restart it right away? Is it down on power? Does it run funny sometimes or is it an all or none type of thing?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Need little more info to help. btw if your car is running, you can take the battery out. Battery is for start only, or running things with the car off. Your alt. does the rest.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I had this problem with my NX, and the cure was running a new wire to the alternator, fuel pump, and all new grounds. I hope that helps with the little amount of information that you gave.
-Tim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the help...and to answer the question about what happens when my car shuts off....i jus turn it back on and it works but sometimes it jus chokes and i need to try it a second time for it to start but nothing more than that

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
your atlernator may be on the way out, that sounds like what happened to me, eventually I had to wait longer between stall to restart until I got a new alt and problem was fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts