SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well to get things started, This is my second Nissan. In case any one is interested in the work I put into my sentra se-r and getting the engine running, you can check out the build thread for that car.

http://www.sr20-forum.com/sentra-se-r/14872-se-r-back-dead-more-pics-added.html

So I ended up buying the NX2K from XxToKeSxX that he had for sale. And his pics of us leaving. If anybody ever has the pleasure to do business with Ameen, Im sure you wont regret it. He is a great guy and im glad that I got the NX from him.

So, on with the fun! Just a quick recap of what I started with. The car was being parted out so i picked it up for a great price, but was also missing certain parts. Off the top of my head, engine, tranny, engine harness, ecu, brakes, master cylinder, and sway bars. Most of these came off my se-r.

First off, how do you fit two cars in a one car garage?

And ya, my neighbors have been giving me some strange looks lately :bigthumbup:

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, more updates! I bought the car in december but I have been so busy with work lately I didnt get to start on it till last week. Here are the pics of pulling the motor out of the sentra.

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now for some pics of the motor going in... I thought I had snapped some pics of swapping the brake master cyliner and power steering lines before I droped the motor in but I dont see them right now. O well.

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And on with some more pics. After I finished the motor swap, next up was swaping out the stock suspension for my Monroe struts and Eibach progressive rate lowering springs. Ya ya, I know its not KYB or anything fancy but they handle decent and ride very well. I also had to swap the front and rear sway bars since they were missing. Im thinking its gonna be needing some new bushings soon too since they are looking tired lol. The NX didnt come with any brakes so I swapped mine from the sentra but hopefully I can upgrade them soon also!

It never fails, somebody calls when your trying to get the car done by the end of the night lol

And a big thanks to my little bro, Jordan(username MercerSX) for all his help. He was the one that first convinced me to get a nissan.

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So with the cars taking up most of the space in the garage, my bike has been the new fireplace ornament lol. Luckily, my woman is awsome and she was the one that suggested it. She didnt want the bike to have to sit outside.

Now, getting the car out of the garage was a bit of fun last night.

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so its raining outside right now and the pics kinda suck but here are a few of it sitting in the driveway. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so I can get it cleaned up and take some better pics.

The NX is in my mustangs spot so its out on the street lol

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Small update, I did a quick old-school tape measure alignment today and the car feels alot better! No more eratic steering. Im guessing the trip back from Ohio probably didn't help things any because the front end was toe out bad!!! At least the rack is ok. I didnt really feel like changing it out today lol.

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coooool!!! Any more updates or has it been raining still?
I wish. Its been rainy/mild snow here the past few days. Planning on getting a 4-wheel alignment tomorrow. I've put a good 50 faithful miles on her now lol. Runs good and everything is working great other than i need some new rubber hoses for the power steering. I have a new exhaust manifold gasket and valve cover gasket coming in from nissan. Im also thinking the valve cover could use some color lol

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small Updates, more pics

Well I finished a few more things on the NX today. I Put on my Viper 5301 remote start and added door lock actuators for power locks since my nx didnt have power locks from the factory. I also hooked up the rear defrost to the second status output so that I can turn it on and off with the remote.

Here is what the brain looked like before I cleaned it up.

And after I was finished with prep.

Lock actuator mounted in the door.

And I added a kill switch that I can turn off If I let anyone drive the car and dont want them starting it.

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So... today at work I noticed a slightly expensive car parked close to mine. What car would you all prefer?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
lambo lol nice egg man u should boost that thing

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
lambo lol nice egg man u should boost that thing
thank you! and plans are in progress...

t3 manifold and tial wastegate are sitting in the garage. just need more money for fuel system :D

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
looking good! i so wanted to get the egg....im an really starting to miss mine..........

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looking good! i so wanted to get the egg....im an really starting to miss mine..........
sorry, i somehow missed your post but thank you! im pretty sure im not gonna sell my egg anytime soon. i just enjoy the car way too much and know i would regret selling it afterwords. my litle bro has a blue egg he might sell but it needs some body work and i think he was gonna keep it for spare parts.

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man. its been a long time since Ive had a chance to post. The NX is still running like a champ. Had a small problem with a gas leak and had to replace the rubber hose that connect the filler neck and vent tube to the gas tank.

Lately the NX has been sitting. I have a new toy now... ;)

I BLAME YOU ALL!!! lol

Damn Nissans are so addicting. Well here are some pics of my new toy...

What do you think?

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, where to begin. Well its been 6 months since I've updated the thread but that doesnt mean I haven't been working lol. Just been so busy I haven't had a chance to upload any pics and update the thread.

Ok, here it goes...

So the NX's front lip had been hanging ever since I got it from Tokes so one night I just started taking it apart. And now some pics... lol

All the mounting bolts were broken so lots of drilling and removing broken bolts etc and some new (omg standard size!!!) bolts got her all fixed up!

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Missouri sucks during the summer and I wanted A/C so I picked up a Go Fast! a/c compressor from businessman_24 that came off his GTI-R AWD swap that he did.

And so you can probably guess that the GTI-R a/c compressor isnt exactly an exact swap but can be easily modified to work. The mounting bolt holes all line up but I had to modify the electrical connector so that I could plug it into the factory harness.

And more pics... lol

As you can see the connectors are a wee bit different.

I used the plug off a junk compressor I had.

Soldered and shrink wrapped for a good water tight connection.

And bam! GTI-R Go Fast A/C! lol

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont exactly trust dummy lights and 19 year old factory gauges so I ended up adding electric water temp, oil pressure, and fuel pressure gauges. I relocated the radio to the pocket location and mounted the gauges higher for visibilty at a glance.

And more pics....

And the sending unit installs. I cant seem to find any pics of the fuel pressure sending unit but its pretty simple.

Oil pressure sender

Water temp sensor

bottom of waterneck

1/8" - 14 NPT tap

Thread tape

Installed and it is hidden under the waterneck so it has a good clean look still and doesnt leak.

·
The New DVLDEGG
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The other day I noticed the valve cover gasket was leaking and I had a new one collecting dust so I replaced it. While it was off I decided to clean up the nasty old looking valve cover.

BEWARE!!!

Your either gonna love it or hate it!

Cleaned and prepped

Black primer base coat

2 coats of color

3 coats color

I think this was with 2 coats of clear

3 coats of clear

And a couple pics installed...

The pics really dont do the paint justice. I really like the way it turned out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts