SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help me! I recently installed a turbo on my Nx2000 and now when it's running, if you give it gas the engine flutters and wants to die when it goes past around 2200rpm. And the idle is a little High. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Whoa, need a bit more information here. What turbo kit did you get? What size injectors? What MAF? Are you using a JWT ECU, etc. etc. questions.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Turbo I have is off a Pulsar GTi-r with a T28, I'm using the 370cc injectors and the JWT Turbo ECU and stock MAF. We did the custom piping from the turbo to the intercooler, then to the throttle body. But we think we found the problem. It might be that we damaged the MAF during the Installation because we had the injectors installed, Jwt ECU, and stock MAF running fine before we put in the turbo. And we are to try my MAF in another car to see in it's still good. Any Suggestions of what could be causing this.

Thanks,
Dave

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Most likly your going to find out its your maf. Mine did the same thing but my maf wasn't crap it was just the wires. I cleand the ground surface and it worked fine after that.

This reminds me of what happend yesterday after *finishing*
my I/C piping. The car wouldent hold boost past 5psi. I racked my head trying to figure it out... the damn TB hose clamp was loose. Doh!!

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info! But I just want to clarify that if the MAF isn't working correctly, that if you give it gas it won't rev past 3000rpm? or hesitate when you give it gas? And which ground surface are you talking about?

Thanks for the help!
Dave

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Check the ground wires on your intake manifold. Their should be two and they should be bolted to the #1 intake runner. Those are your ecu and maf ground wires. Unbolt them and clean the surface with a brillo pad and see if that works.

Mike

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Your car may be in "limp" mode. The ECU will keep the engine from revving above 3k if it detects something really off. Search the archives on www.se-r-list.org for more info.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys, I will try them out this saturday, and tell you happens!!

Thanks,
Dave

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All Right, it works great!! Except when I give it gas after it's warm and the rpm's come down, sometimes it will stall. Any fixes for this?

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts