SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a turbo engine in my nx2000, but I don't know what engine turbo can fit on my car???
please... I would like more information for an sr20det please

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i was told that the bluebird could fit nicely, but the gtir is a lot harder but can be done!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea bluebird is almost a plug and play instalation with a JWT computer. The main thing is that the NXen are prone to overheating. With the added heat of a turbo you are really putting lots of strain on the cooling system. The top mount interheater will probaly end up frying eggs, lol nx=egg
. But anyway. The GTi-R is a little harder but not much mainly because of the different turbo manifold and turbo. Not really worth double the price for only like 30 or what ever it is more hp. The other option is to turbo your stock engine if its in good shape. You can go FMAX and tune from little over 200 hp to 400+ depending on kit and level of tuneing. Or get the manifold turbo and stuff from a bluebird, from someone that is upgradeing or something like that. You will get about 170 to the wheels with the stock exhaust, around 200 with a good exhaust on it. Its all a matter of personal tastes and wants.

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
The main thing is that the NXen are prone to overheating. With the added heat of a turbo you are really putting lots of strain on the cooling system. </font>

The big problem for the NX is airflow...it aint got none to the radiator. Matt Niarua (sp?) cut some holes in his bumper cover/support and the temps went right down on his turbo car.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
As for a motor swap its straight forward...
Cooling is a problem, I just put the det intercooler into the grille and it really blocks alot of the air. I plan to fix that soon since its gettin warm down here i just so you know it dynoed at 218hp/219tq ... Any questiones just email me.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts