SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out if I should buy a winter car. I was wondering if anyone knows how good they are in the winter time. thanks

·
_______
2,170 Posts
If you put dedicated snow tires on it, it's a great winter car.

The only problems I have are with some scraping in deep snow, because my car is lowered.

I highly recommend rustproofing it with an oil-based spray if you're going to drive it in the winter. Pay special attention to the a-pillars, the area around the 3rd brake light, and the seams inside the trunk where the rear wheel wells protrude into the cargo area.

Wash it often, too! If I'm driving it in the winter, it gets washed at least twice a week.

Mostly now, my rustproofed NX just sits doing nothing for most of the winter though

[This message has been edited by spnx (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
178 Posts
My NX was perfect last winter. And considering how much snow we had last winter, thats saying alot.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Yeah, what spnx said.

The limited slip really helps these cars in the winter. My Classic is almost unstoppable in snow.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've driven my NX through 3 Chicago winters and haven't had a problem with it. I have had Brisgestone Potenza RE930s on there in 195 60 R14 size. The only time I ever had a problem was when the tires started getting bald. Then the car would slip and slide all over the place. As long as the tires have good tread, I haven't had any problems.

Ben
'93 NX

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Snow tires are GREAT. I got a set with steel wheels for my Sentra last winter because the Toyo Proxy T1+ were TERRIBLE in the snow. I could barely get around. My Bridgestone Blizzaks ROCK hardcore. I can't wait to see how the snow tires plus the Quaife diff does.
I will be a friggin snowmobile

1 - 10 of 10 Posts