SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering exactly how many nx2000 driver there are on this board, what they've done, and if they agree that the nx2000 is the best car in the american sr20de class.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think it is the best. B14s rock!!! But I do belive that I will be buying one in the future.

------------------
MarC

96 w/ very little stuff
AIM SER96MarC

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 12-12-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any reasons you disagree?

------------------
1993 NX2000
custom blitz-based intake, no underhood emissions bs, $tillen short shifter with momo shift knob, -1.5" suspension techniques springs (which suck), kyb agx struts, suspension techniques f&r swaybars, $tillen front tower brace, $tillen front camber plates, white 16" lenso vpds, toyo proxies, full set of bushings, lotsa dents, one cracked windshield, 'missing' front foglights and spoiler, really bad paint job, primer grey front bumper and lower side panels, and one crazy bastard behind the wheel. (i think that is it)

[This message has been edited by forget (edited 12-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by forget (edited 12-12-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the only SR20 I haven't driven, and from what I have head from others I am missing out. Someday I will give one a good test drive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by forget:
any reasons you disagree?
</font>
no just busting your balls!
I have never driven one, but like I said before I will be looking to buy one sooner or later.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ very little stuff
AIM SER96MarC

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have to say, NX2000's are badass. But, I think the G20 might get best handling.. Of course those are ugly as hell.

I like having an NX, not many people have even heard of it. I didn't until I met the guy who owned my car before me. Oddly enough, once I bought it I started noticing them all over town. None are all tweaked out like mine are though

This car is fun at the autocross. They can't manage to say the car name right for some reason even though it is written on a card in front of them. So they're always surprised at that little black Nissan they don't know the name of out there kicking everyone's ass.

Scarpa
'92 NX2000
- got some stuff
- need some stuff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think NX2000 are the best because they have the AD22vf brakes, look better than the Sentra SE-R, weigh less than the G20s and have the better version of the SR20DE than the 200SX SE-Rs have and there is less of them than any of the other cars. Plus its better because thats what I have!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">not many people have even heard of it.</font>
I agree. When I tell people what I drive,they say "you have a NSX?". But the best reason to own one is underdog status. Most "Riceboys" will take a look at my car and figure it's a Mazda MX or something.

Thomas Fox
'93 NX2000

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 12-12-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've a 1992 NX2000 and like others didn't notice them until I purchased mine. Now I see three in my neighborhood. The hard part is explaining to the Pep Boyz parts counter that the year of the car is 1992 and the model is a NX2000. Then you have to tell them it's a 2.0. Duh.

The only things I've done to the car is to change spark plugs and wires. The wires were so crisp they came out of the engine in pieces. That's one problem with the engine design. It cooks the wires good in those wells on top. That and water gets in there easy. Second, I put on some new engine belts.

I don't know about the "best" in the class thing. I don't know all the cars in the class. My sister's Stanza has the same problem with water in the spark plug wells, but more often. I've been warned to watch the lockup of the ABS in snow. And the NX's light weight won't make it a snow bunny. But it's most sporty looking car I've had and I have fun removing the T-top panels in summer.

------------------
Cynthia
92 NX2000

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
somebody once called mine a camaro...what the ****?
camaro my ass.

the nx2000, is one wierd looking sob, i'll give it that, but i think it looks and acts sportier than the other AMERICAN se-rs

and, on another note, the 100nx (nx2000) is fairly popular in euro tuner markets from what i hear

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got an classic SE-R and an NX. I like'm both. The classic is just a super sleeper and its a good grocery getter.. but the NX is *wayy* funner to drive and t-tops are the ****. Plus NX stops on a dime and its a total pimp mobile in the summer time.

I hear you guys on the "misunderstanding of the NX". I love it when I go to like "carparts.com" and I can find 100s of parts for an SE-R, but only spark plugs for the NX. haha.. ;-)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by forget:

the nx2000, is one wierd looking sob, i'll give it that, but i think it looks and acts sportier than the other AMERICAN se-rs

</font>

That is funny. I keep telling my wife that I will be buying one of then one day and she just says why do you want to drine an egg that loos like a Goe Storm from the front?

I just laugh and say I like it <shrug>

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
geo storm!?!?!?!? WTF!?!?!? the 1600 looks like one (no front spoiler) but the 2000 doesn't. **** man, that's low. real low.

and about the egg comment, the 93s don't have that stupid ass black 'bumper car' band around them. that is really ugly.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL
Not my words. thats what my wife says. I like them alot. Then again I did own 2 pulsars. Ad old ass ugly 83 and a much cooler 87 with T-tops.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah, a friend of mine and i were thinking about getting a pulsar and rear-mounting my NA se-r in it. this was going to be after we put a 'lude engine in the back of his girlfriends delslow. the ****er moved to atlanta though, and i can't even get my car together, much less do crazy **** like that.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have hurd storys about some fool in the D.C. area that has a pulsar with a sr20det in it.
I bet that thing is pretty fast!

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ser_200sx:

that loos like a Goe Storm from the front? <shrug>

</font>

There is a car that looks like a NX from the front. I just saw one today outside a auto shop. The shape of the headlight cutouts and the slope of the hood is the same looking. The emblem on the front was a rectangle? It was too far away to see clearly. Was it an old geo?

------------------
Cynthia
92 NX2000

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have to admit.. the NX does look a little bit like a Geo Storm from afar. The 1600 especially with those skinny little tires and hubcaps. But take a second look and you'll know you're looking at an NX.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts