SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATT:anybody with the hotshot header. My service engine light is going off cuz i had to remove the o2 sensor on my header. how do i get rid of that serivce engine light? how would i extend the o2 sensor to reach behind the 2nd cat? TIA

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I'm confused. 2000 SE's have small pre-cat in the header. When you replace the header you lose the pre-cat. But how many O2 sensors does your car have? Ours (B14's anyways) have an O2 sensor in the header and one in the cat. A Hotshot header will have a premade tapped hole for this O2 sensor. Why do you want to relocate your O2 sensor to the rear of your normal cat?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we have one o2 sensor on the precat and one in front of the 2nd cat. Its about a foot in front of the 2nd cat. So i would have to extend the o2 sensor to reach behind the 2nd cat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to get rid of that damn service engine light. Today i went and had the o2 sensor extended to reach behind the cat. Now im guessing i need to reset the ecu? And how would i do that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can disconnect the negative terminal off the battery for a little while. i just do it for overnight. makes it easier for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts