SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Ok, I have a 96' B14. What would happen if I were to disconnect the rear O2 besides getting a MIL? Is there any way to eliminate the rear O2 and not get a MIL without have to get my ecu reprogrammed by JWT?? TIA

·
Registered
148 Posts
If Im not mistaken the rear O2 is kink of a dummy O2 so the worst you'll get is a MIL. It really shouldnt effect your engine or how it runs, etc.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
JRios said:
Hey guys,

Ok, I have a 96' B14. What would happen if I were to disconnect the rear O2 besides getting a MIL? Is there any way to eliminate the rear O2 and not get a MIL without have to get my ecu reprogrammed by JWT?? TIA
I was thinking about this too because i want to run open downpipe for a while and didn't know what to do about the rear O2 sensor.

·
Registered
377 Posts
haha i don't thing that is true, my rear 02 sensor's wires were broke, so the 02 sensor is not connected to anything. my car runs like crap anywhere under 3,000rpms, and it oddly started right as i broke those wires. and inner part of my exhaust tip is coated in black carbon deposits.. so i think it does somethign

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I am working on a rear O2 sensor eliminator for the B14's so I will help solve a lot of these problems soon. Stay tuned for updates on this project.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
All the rear o2 sensor does, is make sure the cat is working. The FSM states that it does not effect the AF values the ECU uses.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
eric96ser said:
All the rear o2 sensor does, is make sure the cat is working. The FSM states that it does not effect the AF values the ECU uses.
So if i were to literally just cut the sensor off and ran open downpipe it would be alright??

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
daveracer said:
So if i were to literally just cut the sensor off and ran open downpipe it would be alright??
Yes but you would get an MIL. I just leave mine ziptied above the headshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts