SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
It pulled a premium :)
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I being the smart person I know did something not too smart. :rolleyes:

Got an o2 simulator and I needed to find out which of the 2 white wires were the 12v+ wire and which one was the heater wire. I tried pulling some insulation off to figure out what was what, but I'll be darned if that is some of the toughest insulation I have found.

So without trying another method, I cut one and stripped it ( very hard still ) and that wasn't it, then I cut the other one knowing it was it. I had to walk away from it for a second, and I didn't mark them. Not too much of a problem because I have my 12v+ but the problem I have is that I needed to keep the heater wire connected!

I would just like to know if there is anywher I can look that would give some resistance figrues for the heater wire at the sensor side, or if there is anything signal wise I should look for with my meter, because I don't KNOW!

This nightmare just got worse with my stupidity! :squint:

got it from http://www.o2sensorsimulator.com/

·
It pulled a premium :)
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well I took some pics of the harness coming from the car to the o2 sensor. This may help others if used in conjunction with Nissan FSM page 197 in the "EC" section.

http://www.sr20forum.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/845

I have come to the conclusion that this is how the pinout reads....

Looking at the sensor harness from the back ( sensor side to ecu side ) with the clip on top going clockwise

1 - white
2 - black
3 - gray
4 - white

Looking at the sensor harness from the back ( ecu side to sensor side ) with the clip on top going counter-clockwise

1 - red with yellow tracer
2 - white
3 - black
4 - brown with yellow tracer

ecu side is listed in the FSM as follows

1 - red with yellow tracer is the heated wire of the sensor
2 - white is the signal wire
3 - black is the ground
4 - brown with yellow tracer is 12v+

SOOO To make things simpler

1 - white - heated
2 - black - signal
3 - gray - ground
4 - white - 12v+

Hope this helps, and please look at the pics for clarification of things

the only thing I need is how to figure out what white wire is what coming OUT of the oxygen sensor :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts