SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
SE-R when I GROW UP GT-R
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys GREAT to meet all of you all I am sending Mike a set of headers to dyno against the Hotshot. Results to follow in a month he said.
Can't wait till next year I am going if at all possible.

My city and state will never be the same as well as the park! Enjoyed it every minute and see ya!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
I'm using a OBX header on my 98 B14. I could feel a big improvement, up top was the most noticable. It was $189.00 in stainless steel. I have ran against people with the Hotshot and they never seemed to pull me anywhere. I can't wait to see the dyno results. Thank you very much for doing this. If the OBX is as good or better we all could put the extra 200 or so dollars towards more mods.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
LowCloud said:
Hey guys GREAT to meet all of you all I am sending Mike a set of headers to dyno against the Hotshot. Results to follow in a month he said.
Can't wait till next year I am going if at all possible.

My city and state will never be the same as well as the park! Enjoyed it every minute and see ya!!!!!!
Hey Scott, its good to see you on here. I'm glad you joined us. I'm still worn out. I'll post my take on stuff later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
Does it crack like the hotshot? I would guess not since it is stainless steel huh?
 

·
SE-R when I GROW UP GT-R
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
b13speed said:
Does it crack like the hotshot? I would guess not since it is stainless steel huh?
it does have lifetime warranty against cracks and workmanship! It is Tig welded!

No Cracks in mine yet! I redline my car in every gear!!!! and the road sux in B'ham! I do have the 7/03 gen and NOW im getting 10/03 gen now, it is running $200.00 + shipping
it has 42mm primaries, all bungs(egr,aiv,and o2)plugs are ss and all are included except egr! flangs are 1/4", in o/d is 2" on the flex.
 

·
SE-R when I GROW UP GT-R
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i guess so, I have been working with them to get us the best fit possible and am testing other stuff for our cars turbo kit, ect.... Trying to get us the best for less if this is possible.
 

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
It seems like they copy products already on the market and produce them overseas where labor is cheap. I was really impressed with the quality of the example I saw hanging on the fence (right next to my car lol) at the track. I am considering getting one of those to replace my old Stillen 4-2-1 header (king of the mid range torque) now that I have the S3 cams.
 

·
My Ass, your face
Joined
·
2,431 Posts
I held one in my hands at the bbq. Seemed to be very well made... solid. The flanges also looked very solid... no whimpiness to this header. I had to take my glasses off to examine the welds(so what, I'm in the 40+ club)... very thorough workmanship.

$200 plus shipping? I've already put an * by it in my budget list for next year. Married, 3 kids, daycare for said 3 and mortgage... yes, I need to budget:)

I was actually thinking of trimming about 1/4" around the inside of the flange opening to open it up a tiny bit more. Would probably even try my hand at polishing the interior... not that I noticed any rough spots or spurs, just for the fun of it.

Later,
Mark
 

·
GT2835R
Joined
·
7,609 Posts
Im still pending whether to go turbo or nitrous. But if i go nitrous im definitly getting one of these. Looks to be a well developed piece. Even if the hotshot put outs a little more power i dont think its gonna be $200 worth of power. We'll see how the new aebs header is. :rolleyes:
 

·
yup
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
Im sorry but i dont recall the header being called OBX- r? what does the r stand for? or have i been blind the whole time? send me one for free anyway and i'll be sure to dyno it for you for free (butt dyno that is ;))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
My friend just bought a set of these on Ebay for like 180 bux or something, I held them in my hands, they feel very high quality, but could still be ported out on the flange where it bolts up to the head. I gotta put on a exhaust on his car also and we will dyno it along with a DC sports Integra intake modified to fit- I got it for free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
LowCloud said:
it does have lifetime warranty against cracks and workmanship! It is Tig welded!

No Cracks in mine yet! I redline my car in every gear!!!! and the road sux in B'ham! I do have the 7/03 gen and NOW im getting 10/03 gen now, it is running $200.00 + shipping
it has 42mm primaries, all bungs(egr,aiv,and o2)plugs are ss and all are included except egr! flangs are 1/4", in o/d is 2" on the flex.
I thought the flex was 2.5" which should be better for cammed out cars.

Mike
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top