SR20 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
since 2001
525 Posts
A friend of mine purchased these set of headers from ss autochrome on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2443622167

While putting them on this weekend, we discovered that the hole pattern on the flange will not fit the stud pattern on the head. The hole pattern on the flange seems to be off by maybe an 1/8-1/16", The result of loose tolerancing and crappy CNC manchines.

Although they look good and appear to be made of good material the fit plain sucks, I would not reccomend these to anyone.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
GSRMx said:
You're the one that is getting angry bro, cool down, I am NOT talking about copyright issues and I agree with you on that matter, as I said I am just pissed off because they cancelled the auction early and I don't have the $$$$ to buy a Hotshot, end of discussion.

cheers.
I am speaking up for Hotshot because you were calling for an unfounded boycot on their products when they were being taken advantage of.

If you don't have dollars then the OBX is far superior to the Pacesetter and the OBX is not a direct copy of Hotshot like Pacesetter is.

Mike

·
VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!
1,675 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
I am speaking up for Hotshot because you were calling for an unfounded boycot on their products when they were being taken advantage of.

Mike
I have a doubt, the picture of the OBX taken on a piece of gray rag is really from Hotshot? cause I don't remember seeing that anywhere on their site.

And totally OT but I have wondered since back in se-r.net in the middle 90s, do you speak Japanse? :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
2SR20DE said:
This is not isolated to obx. The egr is a pain on every one of the aftermarket headers. I've found it easiest to unbolt the egr from the intake manifold (at least loosen it) and that gives you a little more mobility from the metal tube. I think the worst is Pacesetter (like i have) They don't have very clean threads so you have to work at it.
Not true.
I have had the $tillen as well as the 5Gen HS header and in both cases, the EGR tube bolted up with no problems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Subculture said:
Not true.
I have had the $tillen as well as the 5Gen HS header and in both cases, the EGR tube bolted up with no problems.
My friend has an HS and he said his was kind of a pain to get on. It's not like it doesn't work it's just a hassle sometimes becaue its not a flexible line. And like I said PS is by far the worst with crappy threading.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a OBX header on my b14. I'm loving it. It looks great and saved alot of money not buying a HS. The only thing I can say bad about it is that it was a real bitch to get the egr tube into it. Thread were ok but it just didn't want to line up right. I had to go with out the shitty gasket it cam with. After 3 or 4 days I retightened the bolts and they are still tight.

Oh yeah I bought their str8 thru cat. also. Its a nice piece(no sensor bung). Although it comes with a crap ass gasket. I had it in for about a month and it burnt out on top and bottom. Replaced with Fel-pro ones with no problems to date.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
2SR20DE said:
My friend has an HS and he said his was kind of a pain to get on. It's not like it doesn't work it's just a hassle sometimes becaue its not a flexible line. And like I said PS is by far the worst with crappy threading.
Of the Headers Hotshots EGR is the closest to fitting perfectly, The others sometimes require bending the tube, not excatly easy as its springy stainless.

Mike

·
merely a flesh wound
15,285 Posts
OBX redesigned the EGR connection on the latest gen header.

C

·
SE-R when I GROW UP GT-R
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I Have the only July Gen And then they worked on the egr prob and some other issues like bolt clearencearound the flang and primaries, overbending of primaries causing block issues and flange issues. Hope everybody is enjoying the header at the price it is! hey Mike any Dino info Yet!

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
What I want to know is why the hell they don't cut the flange right in the first place? There's no reason why anyone should have to port a header, it should have been cut right from the beginning.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
LowCloud said:
I Have the only July Gen And then they worked on the egr prob and some other issues like bolt clearencearound the flang and primaries, overbending of primaries causing block issues and flange issues. Hope everybody is enjoying the header at the price it is! hey Mike any Dino info Yet!
No the car I was going to test it on that has a Hotshot 5th gen is still at the fabricators, you will be the first to know the results.

Mike

·
Registered
705 Posts
choaderboy2 said:

If you don't have dollars then the OBX is far superior to the Pacesetter and the OBX is not a direct copy of Hotshot like Pacesetter is.

Mike
I totally agree with you Mike. It's stupid when selfish people bitches about price and talks **** about a company just because they want to buy it cheap. They have no idea how much effort, time, and money went into the development of these products. Companies like HS and JWT spend alot of money and time to produce these. Telling them to sell it cheaper is like telling them to go out of business. If you don't think the price is right, then don't buy it. You don't have to hate.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
99SE-L said:
I totally agree with you Mike. It's stupid when selfish people bitches about price and talks **** about a company just because they want to buy it cheap. They have no idea how much effort, time, and money went into the development of these products. Companies like HS and JWT spend alot of money and time to produce these. Telling them to sell it cheaper is like telling them to go out of business. If you don't think the price is right, then don't buy it. You don't have to hate.

I agree. :D

http://nismopc.tripod.com/OBXHeader.htm
------------------------------------------
paradyme
95'G20t/AUTO/BLK
STILLEN HEADER/INTAKE/JWT/ECU/S3 CAMS/99 P11 G20 RIMS/
VIPER SECURITY/w/ REMOTE START/ ALPINE AUDIO

·
Registered
695 Posts
My friend has had these on his car for 3 months now, the chrome look has somewhat faded, fitting the header on was EZ, the EGR pipe took some time to get it on, after about 30 min of funking around with it, I decided to check the threads and they where not perfect, so I chased them down with a correct size tap, and the tube went right on. As far as HP diff, the car had a 1" catback exhaust and stock header with a broken off flex pipe, and clutch was slipping. Now the car rips, feels like a EZ 20HP diff. My friend is too cheap to go to a dyno right now, but hes got an OBX 2.5" catback that looks just like a B13 Greddy at the end, not only does it sound nice, but compared to the 1" muffler shop special exhaust- HAULS MAJOR BOOTIE.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,285 Posts
They redesigned the egr pipe on the latest gen.

C

·
Registered
705 Posts
SentraPLAYA said:
My friend has had these on his car for 3 months now, the chrome look has somewhat faded, fitting the header on was EZ, the EGR pipe took some time to get it on, after about 30 min of funking around with it, I decided to check the threads and they where not perfect, so I chased them down with a correct size tap, and the tube went right on. As far as HP diff, the car had a 1" catback exhaust and stock header with a broken off flex pipe, and clutch was slipping. Now the car rips, feels like a EZ 20HP diff. My friend is too cheap to go to a dyno right now, but hes got an OBX 2.5" catback that looks just like a B13 Greddy at the end, not only does it sound nice, but compared to the 1" muffler shop special exhaust- HAULS MAJOR BOOTIE.
wait. aren't the b13 greddys 50mm? which means 2"?

41 - 60 of 61 Posts