SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, has anyone actually dynoed the difference between the two? I am really interested in this, I have both the pacesetter and OBX, so I am very tempted to do it. If anyone has interest in this let me know. I will be testing the OBX first because its already on my car, once I get the rest of the exhaust worked out Ill head to the dyno and see where Im at again. Then the next week or so Ill go back with the pacesetter on and see what happens, no other changes being made.

Please respond and share your thoughts, or if you think its just a waste of $50 that could go directly towards a true hotshot header :rolleyes:

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
obx will own.. since its a HOTshot copy,.. acutally.. check the secondaries, see if the obx are larger or if the pacesetter are larger..

·
master of nothing
2,231 Posts
tell you what the obx header is 10 times better quility than the pace setter

·
sr20 addict
1,133 Posts
i agree that the OBX murders the pacesetter in quality can't beat stainless steel :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I just won a OBX for $187.50....yey....Anyways, I hope I'll gain like 10whp going from Stock cat/exhaust manifold/no muffler to this OBX header w/3" piping from downpipe through 3" race muffler, out the side...:D

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya the pacesetter is a copy of hotshot as well. The secondaries on the pacesetter are larger than the OBX, but the primaries are smaller. OBX totally owns in quality, I know that cuz I had the pacesetter on for more than a year and it went to **** 3 weeks after i put it on. BUT, if it puts down more HP, as shitty as it may be, its stayin on.

and I did try to put the Pacesetter secondaries on the OBX primary but the flanges appear to be different so I couldnt do it. in case anyone is wondering

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
The OBX was dyno'd and the gain was 12+ hp. Pacesetter will be lucky to put out 8hp. Don't get me wrong the Pacesetter is priced well for the performance. But for the same exact price you get a dyno proven stainless steel (will eventually show surface rust) header that is welded beautifully and shows no signs that it will crack anywhere.

I swapped an OBX for my Pacesetter approx. 1 month ago and am extremely pleased. The Pacesetter's power range would not kick into unil approx. 3000+ rpms, then it would slowly drop off around 5800 rpms. The OBX has a smooth transition across the entire power band. I am so happy to have my low end torque back.

By the way, the Pacesetter's secondary is 2.25" and the OBX is 2". The Hotshot Gen 5 is also 2".

·
Registered
361 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Lets just say, gen 6 will own all. A butt dyno will only tell you so much.
Lets also say the Gen6 will own your pocket book aswell. He was not asking about the Hot Shot. Lets just leave the HS vs. OBX alone before another thread becomes a flame war. :)

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
NismoPC said:
The OBX was dyno'd and the gain was 12+ hp. Pacesetter will be lucky to put out 8hp. Don't get me wrong the Pacesetter is priced well for the performance. But for the same exact price you get a dyno proven stainless steel (will eventually show surface rust) header that is welded beautifully and shows no signs that it will crack anywhere.
Show me the dyno of an obx Gaining 12+whp
MY car dynoed 9whp with only a pacesetter and an airfilter so dirty it had sand IN it.

Hotshot has only proven to gain 2-3 more whp than the pacesetter (gen 4) the charts are all on se-r.net.

O

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
u mean he did a baseline, then added an intake, muffler, OBX header all at once and gained 12 whp?? that doesnt help much, the only variable should be the header

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
MY PACETTER OWNS EVERYBODY!!!

Im sticking to the PACE. ONLY becuase it has proved to be a great header to ME personally. It likes my homemade mods.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
SmoothDaddyFig said:
MY PACETTER OWNS EVERYBODY!!!

Im sticking to the PACE. ONLY becuase it has proved to be a great header to ME personally. It likes my homemade mods.
Yeah, someone needs to donate a Hotshot to Figgy, so this Pacesetter cheerleader will give up already :tongue:. Hehe

Why not buy a used Hotshot Fig? You could probably get one for the same price you got that Paceshitter...setter for. :tongue: (side note...love those lexan windows! :D)

I think the dyno would be good info like any other product comparing dyno's. The only thing is I don't think many are interested in Pacesetter now that OBX has come up with a better copy. Besides, when that Gen 6 comes out...there will be used HotShots flooding the classifieds for the price of OBX's. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got the Pacesetter today from UPS. I paid 164 dollars for it. It looks...well, here it is. Definitly not made to look pretty and it looks rough and jaggy inside. The one pic where it looks split inside leaves me wonder WTF? They are going on tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts