SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - got everything running nicely in my car... still running stock boost...

Now - first thing in the morning or when the car is 100% cool I can make a few minutes of driving without this sound if that matters...

Here is the sound... At above about 4k in any gear 2nd or above (doesn't happen in first) I get a wierd blowing against paper kind of noise from what seems like the passenger side of the engine bay. It appears as if boost is staying constant during this time though.

Now - my BOV - its not recirculated yet, car runs ok, but I notice its letting pressure out even at idle is that correct? Should I just recirc it and see if thats the problem?

Regardless what could be making this sound? Its really wierd sounding and VERY hard to describe, but imagine that sound you can make blowing on a sheet of paper but x100, but its also a cross between that and what a power steering pump sounds like when its low on fluid...

Most importantly the car isn't as powerful once this sound starts...

Any ideas?????

Chris

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
What kind of bov is it? It sounds like it might be some kind of boost leak to me.

·
Registered
664 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
What kind of bov is it? It sounds like it might be some kind of boost leak to me.
Does the forced air sound you're hearing actually sound like it does when you blow off?

Could be an adjustment to the BOV that needs to be dialed in.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BOV is an HKS, it doesn't sound like blow off at all... blow off is clean/clear "psssssssh"
this is like wierd sounding lol..

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts