SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I'm screwed. There's oil on the bottom of 3 the spark plugs and on top of 2. Great...so what is it? Piston rings or something. Bla

Also, I finally got the codes checked. Knock sensor and 02 sensor. I'm guessing the knock sensor is because of what I just complained about. Or would it be something else? And the 02 sensor, I figure its just time for a new one, right?

Anyways. Now I'm stuck. 3 bad seals. So, what should I do. Just replace the whole motor? It's kinda what I'd like to do anyway. Hmm...shoot. Can't sell the car now!! UGH!

Thanks for the help :(

Jason

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
the oil is more than likely the gasket in the VC

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree on vc leek. I had enough oil on top of the plug that when I pulled it out it all went to the bottom, and I thought I had the same prob. that you think. Anyway changed the vc gasket and all went away.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yea, this happened to me when I p/c my valve cover and forgot to put the O rings back on lol... so I'm going with everyone else on this one.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man I hope so...so, what do I ask for? Just a valve cover gasket and o ring gaskets? I did do my research before, but I thought since it was on the bottom it ment something different. Glad to hear tho, hopefully its just the top. Are the o rings apart of the vc gasket set or do I ask for them separately? Thanks...

Jason

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
I did do my research before, but I thought since it was on the bottom it ment something different.
It has to start up top before it can get to the bottom. I also agree with replacing the VC gasket & the plug o-rings.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, i kinda figured that anyway. when i was taking them out, the socket was covered in oil about 1/2" or so up. but yeah, i should be able to get the gaskets tomorro if they have any. they never have **** for me. i told them to stock up on every gasket for my car. since i'm a regular there for gaskets. hahaha

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about the knock sensor? Is the bad gaskets causing this or what? And where is the knock sensor and that does it look like? Also, after its fixed...will my timing go back to normal? The book says it retards it hella if the knock sensor throws a code. Hmm...the book doesn't tell me where it is, what it looks like or what to do. Stupid Haynes!! UGH!

And, how much is a o2 sensor? i don't have much money, so i may just leave that for now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts