SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed to Mobil 1 in my Accord and my NX. I have used syntethic in bikes for years, but have not used it in a car before. After how many miles do those of you that use synthetic change the oil at. I am thinking that with synthetic and normal driving I can safely go 5000 to 6000 between changes. What do you think?

·
Registered
513 Posts
This should be fine as long as u change your oil filter and top it off every 2000-3000 miles.

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

G

·
0 Posts
I run Mobil1 and Nissan Filters for 4-5k. I also send samples out to Blackstone labs. I have no problems to report. At 5k I am at the limit for contaminants. I would reccomend 4k to be safe. I think if you changed the filter at 3k you could easily go to 6k on the oil with a reasonable safety margin. BTW I have 158k miles on the original engine.

------------------
www.importpartsplus.com
My site

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I think if you changed the filter at 3k you could easily go to 6k on the oil
with a reasonable safety margin.</font>
This is what I do on my daily driver and my mom's Jeep. On my SE-R which takes abuse on track, oil and filter every 3K. Or sooner.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 4 of 4 Posts