SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant recall... what was the brand of oil filter that has the antiflowback valve like the genuine nissan filter? i hate my dealership and i cant wait for courtesy's shipping to change my oil. was it fram?

TIA

·
Registered
504 Posts
He probably means the Purolator PureOne, which is not actually made in an application for our car, but there is some other application that fits (can't remember which). The Mobil One is good, another filter that looks to be good is the Bosch premium - the filter case is the exact same design as the mobil 1, but the filter medium is part synthetic instead of full synthetic. Looks to be a good filter though, and it's half the price of the Mobil 1 at Autozone.

Josh

·
Registered
301 Posts
nope

i just changed my oil, the PUREONE that they "said" fit my car was for mazda 323 maybe? well this is the oil filter that has the drainback thingy you want...

well the mazda one is bigger in circumference and overall bigger, i just went with purolator and saved that one in case i ever get daring enough to throw it on...

·
Registered
513 Posts
PureOne

Ok, as I've said before I really researched this well. The Mobil One and the Purolator PureOne filters are the best. I use the PureOne becuase it filters the best and is half the price of the MobilOne, which is the same as the K&N btw.

The Part number is PL10241. There is another filter # that people have suggested, but I believe this is the best because it most closely resembles the specs for the SR20DE. Give it a shot, I've been using it for a full year without a prob:D :D :D

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
I'm bringing an old thread up, but I figure I'll type this out while it's still fresh on my mind:

Right now I'm using a Wix oil filter (# 51394) that's a solid piece. Mobil1 (# M1-103) is better, but it's $10 everywhere I can find it. The Wix is about $5 and it has all-metal caps, anti-drainback/by-pass valves, and a very stout seal. Probably one of the better "cheap" filters.

I can't find the Purolator PureOne at any of my local chains, or I'd consider that.

Avoid the Deutsch filters that Autozone carries (# D372). They're as bad as Fram, and they have a wimpy seal that has failed and leaked on my car before (other, too). Plus, they're half an inch longer than Mobil1 and the like, which makes changing them a bigger pain than usual.

·
8,148 Posts
Avoid the Deutsch filters that Autozone carries (# D372). They're as bad as Fram, and they have a wimpy seal that has failed and leaked on my car before (other, too). Plus, they're half an inch longer than Mobil1 and the like, which makes changing them a bigger pain than usual.
OOH hell yeah. I second that!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I like the K&N even if they cost $10 each. They have formed in a nut on the end so you can use a 1" wrench to get it loose. Makes changing the filter real easy.

Art

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Just buy the Nissan ones from Greg Vogel @ mossy nissan oceanside, CA (760)720-9797 and ask for Greg Vogel. they are around $6-7 IIRC. just order a bunch of them like I did because you are going to need them anyway. He offers 25% off to SERCA members too, so if you need any other genuine Nissan parts, you can save some cash there too.

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Well while we are on the subject I had a thought, what if we got together and called courtesy's or any other dealership and get a group deal going on oil filters. Hell if we could get 10 people to agree on getting 5 filters each maybe they could cut us a deal and we could get them for $5 a piece.
Anyone interested?

Darren

·
Registered
329 Posts
I believe you can already get them for just under $5.00 a piece from a mail order Nissan Dealer. Forget where I saw them, but either call up Scottsdale Infiniti, or go to www.nissanparts.cc and put in the part number or www.nissanautoparts.com and put in the nissan part number.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
yeah, they cost around $6 and change for the filters through Greg V, and if youre a SERCA member, you get an additional 25% off. ask Greg, he will give you the best price he can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts