SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after extensive research online and in the se-r.net archives, I have decided to go with the Purolator PureOne Oil Filter. I went witht the PL10241 Filter. I know that many have gone with the smaller filter for the classic. Despite the slightly larger diameter, it fits fine with no sign of leaks after a week. The main reason to go with this filter is the fact that the bypass pressure spec is very close to the same as normal filters for our cars. The only prob is that it takes a little more patience than normal to get the thing into position.

The main reason I have brought this up is due to the very little info in the archives here on the subject, and also my curiosity in what other people on the board have done. Anyone???

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">ever considered the K&N oil filter?</font>
Sure, I also considered the Mobil One. They are the exact same filter. However, the PureOne costs me $6, while the Mobil One/k&n is around $10. These 3 are probably the best filters out there, I was just going for the best Bang for the Buck.

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

[This message has been edited by kpw97 (edited 06-01-2001).]

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've always used Fram (PH4386) and have had great results. Actually, I've used Fram on all my cars without problems.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lance:
I've always used Fram (PH4386) and have had great results. Actually, I've used Fram on all my cars without problems.</font>
Ok, well think it is time you stopped. Im not sure about all cars, but on ours Fram are bad. They do not have a check valve in them like our stock ones do. What this means is, every time you start your car, you are starting it dry. The check valve, makes it so oil stays in the engine when the car is turned off, so u will never have a dry start, which is healthier for your engine. The best thing you could do for our cars is use the stock oil filter.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
yeah they are like 4$ at courtesy. I just order a bunch, and some other stuff I need. Then the shipping is absorbed in the money you save.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Think it's time I stopped? All I can say is that my posts are from experience. My '94 has 177,000 miles on it and I've only used Fram filters & Castrol dino oil (10w30) with 3,000 mile intervals. The car runs as good as the day I bought it and uses no oil. I have no clatter at startup and the engine sees 6,500 rpm every day. Say what you want but at least I can say I can back up what I say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts