SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed some oil in my coolant bottle or some brown **** lquid. engine runs great and no funny smells or smoke coming out oftail pipe. changed oil and didn't see any thing odd just oil. should I worry or do I just have to flush my radiator?

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Just a guess, have you used Redline Water Wetter recently?

Sometimes it can separate from the coolant and it looks like oil. In fact, it looks like a ruptured head gasket.

Yes, if your head gasket is gone, you should see some puffy white smoke from the tailpipe, and driving will noticably lower the level of your coolant.

Or, it could just be very dirty. Flush it, refill with clean fluid, and see what happens.

G

·
If the coolent has sat there for a while , this brown gooey crap builds up on the bottom. Looks like freakin algae or something. Thats normal, just flush out your system and refill it up. I wouldnt worry.
If the stuff was black or had that oily look, then I would worry.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup I have redline water wetter in ther and since has looked like that. whew thought I was squeezing too much
thanks!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
yup I have redline water wetter in ther and since has looked like that. whew thought I was squeezing too much
thanks!

</font>
Shake up the water bottle and he waterwetter will just blend in. Thats what you see Jose

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Thought so
I freaked when I saw that in my coolant bottle. I flushed out the rad fluid twice and ran it for a while before I figured out the "problem".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts