SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of putting a new tranny in my classic SE-R. When I took the stock intake off I noticed that I had a nice stream of what I think is oil running down it. I believe this is the same hose that had the wire brush in it. I found the wire brush 3 years ago and tossed it. Reading recently it sounds like its supposed to be there. oops... So should I order a new brush to stick back or is it ok to get one of those tiny little filters and put on there instead? Thoughts?

Heres a picture of an intake setup (not mine) see the black hose on the far left going to the intake, that's the hose.

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
wizeguy said:
I'm in the process of putting a new tranny in my classic SE-R. When I took the stock intake off I noticed that I had a nice stream of what I think is oil running down it. I believe this is the same hose that had the wire brush in it. I found the wire brush 3 years ago and tossed it. Reading recently it sounds like its supposed to be there. oops... So should I order a new brush to stick back or is it ok to get one of those tiny little filters and put on there instead? Thoughts?

Heres a picture of an intake setup (not mine) see the black hose on the far left going to the intake, that's the hose.

Definately get that brush and put it back in there. ;)

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Here's something we do in the Turbo forum, using the factory catch can. This was posted by HotshtSR20 from this post http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=24717&highlight=catch :

"i ran my oil catch can as follows, and it solved a lot of my oil consumption problems:

1. place a tee in the tube that goes from the bottom breather tube (goes towards the oil pan, next to manifold).
2. connect a tube from the T (the side that points to the driver's side) in the valve cover to the T you just put in the bottom line.
3. connect the TOP of the tube to your intake nipple.
4. put a rubber cap and hose clamp the extra T in the valve cover.

Mike K pointed this out to me, and it works really well, i do not consume ANY oil since doing this. i also switched from 5W-30 to 10W-30 Mobile 1."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts