SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
The pipe between the tb and Maf, right? I'm thinking this isn't oil, perse, but carbon build up. Same color as semi-old to old oil, but it's carbon build up.

If you pull off your tb, you'll be able to look inside and see a similar buildup in there. Do not pour carbon cleaner in there to clean it out. Soak a rag and run it in there, several times, until it all gets swabbed out.

I only think I'm right;), but it's worth checking out.

Peace Out,
Mark

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
how much oil was there?
I think a small amount is normal. I found a small amount of oil inside my intake and i wasnt really worried about it.

I'm sure it's oil because it starts right after the outlet to the hose that goes to the valve cover

·
Registered
679 Posts
Like Gib said, there is a hose that runs from the VC to the intake tract, and she will spit a samll amount of oil in there. You can always take the hose of and plug the intake hole and run a baby K&N off the VC.
-Tim

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Wow, I don't think I quite understand this, even after 2 years of ownership, if I haven't had to work on it... I'm ignorant about it.

I thought the "blow off" oil went into the Pair Valve, which keeps it from going places it's not supposed to.

I hate being ignorant, but if I reiterate, if I haven't had to replace, fix or upgrade something... sometimes I just don't get it.

Peace Out,
Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts