SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have question. I have this oil leak that is starting to get bigger and bigger. It is now to the point where it will leak about 3 silver dollars worth of oil every time I stop. Now I need to get this fixed ASAP. What is the easiest way to fix this. Now when I say easy, I mean 3 or 4 hours on a weekend. If it requires pulling part of the motor, that will have to wait. Any ideas would help.

Kris94G20

G

·
0 Posts
Where's the oil leaking from? Front of engine? Rear? Valve cover? You'll have to give us more to go by.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, its leaking a little around the valve cover, but thats easy. Then its leaking mainly on the passenger side of the motor, down where all the belts are. I have not done a very detailed examination, but this is where the oil pools up on the driveway.

Kris94G20

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Front main seal maybe. Also check your oil filter to make sure it's tight

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I figured it was a main seal. I have also checked the oil filter. One time when I took it to get the oil changed, the techs didnt screw it down tight. What I was wondering, is if there is an "easy" way to replace it. If it requires pulling the motor, then I am going to wait until I have enough for a DET.

Kris94G20

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I really don't think it requires pulling the motor. Check the archives at www.se-r-list.org and see what you can find. I've never done it so I have no idea.

G

·
0 Posts
>:0 you will not have to pull the motor,i just recently noticed mine is leaking from there and plan on changing it this weekend. ill let you know how long it takes me.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
no, you do not have to pull the engine apart, and while you have the pully off, do an underdrive pulley to make it easier later on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts