SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a 4wd turbo bluebird (U13) and I need some advice on some things that were picked up at the pre-purchase inspection.

1) Oil leak from "remote filter area" (something about an additional casting on the block for an oil filter in a different location, below the normal place?) The motor (SR20DET) has been replaced after the old one ran a bearing and has supposedly done 60,000 KM (turbo done 30,000km)

2)Syncro slow 2nd - 3rd at motorway speeds (my guess it too many qiuck 2-3 gear changes?)

3) Play in engine mounts / driveline.

These are the 3 main issues that concern me. The price is around $3500NZ ($2300US) for the car and I guess I need to know if it's worth buying and also advise on how hard it would be to fix these issues.
I can turn a wrench and have a friend who's a mechanic (but I don't want to rely on him too much).

Please, any and all advise welcome!

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
SRV said:
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a 4wd turbo bluebird (U13) and I need some advice on some things that were picked up at the pre-purchase inspection.

2)Syncro slow 2nd - 3rd at motorway speeds (my guess it too many qiuck 2-3 gear changes?)

3) Play in engine mounts / driveline.

Please, any and all advise welcome!
I'm not 100% certain, but I *believe* the play
in the engine mounts and the shifter reticence
are related.

Change out all the mounts, and see how it shifts.

I know my 2nd gear synchro is kinda slow on my
car, I don't know if it's related to shifting or not.

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts