SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have run into something on my '91 se-r that I had hope wouldn't happen. It is losing about 1 quart of oil every 1500 miles. It doesn't seem to be smoking allow I guess the cat could be masking it, I checked compression on it #1 155psi #2 165 #3 165 #4 160 . FSM says 148 min 178 standard 14 difference . So according to that compression is fine. Checked pcv doesn't look to be sucking oil. Anybody run into this problem? Doesn't make sense for the rings to be causing it since compression is so good? What about valve guide seals?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Dude just go replace the PCV valve, its like 5 bucks and 5 mins to replace. I bet thats part of the problem. You running a baby K&N on the aiv? According to Kojima, i think, that can cause some oil useage. And well all sr20's burn/blow by some oil if you run them high and hard. You are going though quite a bit of oil I would change the PCV valve and then crawl around the engine make sure you arent leaking it somewhere. You may be leaking it, put a piece of cardboard under the car everynight see if it is coming out somewhere. Pull your plugs see if they are oilly, if you are loseing that much it might show up on the plugs. Any tell tell blue smoke out the tail pipe?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts