SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey turbo boys, can i run the oil return line from the turbo to the oil pan, drill the return line into the oil pan instead of the block. Where am i am i looking to connect the oil feed line off of.. Do i T off the regulator plug in back of the block. Any drilling there or can i just tap it and use a line back to the front of the engine. Anyone with a DE do this yet for a bolt on turbo yet.?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
No! If you did that the return would be in the oil and it woulden't be able to vacate the turbo. The oil needs to be free flowing. If it isn't you could have bad problems with the oil cooking and ****. You need to drill the block.

The feed is taken from the pressure sender on the back of the block. Usually people use a T fitting. No drilling needed here.

Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Gosselin:
No! If you did that the return would be in the oil and it woulden't be able to vacate the turbo. The oil needs to be free flowing. If it isn't you could have bad problems with the oil cooking and ****. You need to drill the block.

The feed is taken from the pressure sender on the back of the block. Usually people use a T fitting. No drilling needed here.

Mike
</font>
Werd

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's kinda what i was thinkin too, but i wanted to clarify. 1st turbo install (hands quivering...drill revving)

You have a good picture of the drill spot, where is it on the DET>??. i know Ben did it i assume i need to just get it high enough to clear oil level and create a "flow". Is welding the fitting into the block a PITA..?? I figured i could tee the regulator in back to feed the turbo so at least you are not leading the blind..

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
no, you don't have to weld it in, just drill and tap with a little teflon tape, thats all.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
no, you don't have to weld it in, just drill and tap with a little teflon tape, thats all.

</font>
You don't put teflon tape on pipe fittings.

Mike
Turbo Classic

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
oh, ok, I guess I like to go overboard sometimes on things.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mike, and Brian. I think that's a great shot of it mike. And Bri-i'll be contacing you about a GTiR manifold and heat shield real soon. I have the T28, Down Pipe, 370 cc Injectors, and a pampered clean stock motor with 38K on it. i am assembling it all on an engine stand. I'd like to go with the Cobra MAF, TT fuel pump and maybe some camz. Any ideas on how much boost i can run on pump gas on the stock block with those toys on it. What size intercooler and piping should i be looking at. i figured 2.5 into the intercooler and 2 inches out.?? What capacity intercooler should i get for dis.? I don't want any lag for autocrossing purposes..TIA

Later,
G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts