SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
finally got a classic
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive been searching for a couple days and i have found information on this topic but its not to clear. I have a b15 with an avenir t25. does the oil return go to the oil restrictor then to the nissport adapter? and oil feed to the turbo, does the oil come from adapter threw restrictor to turbo? if any of these are correct please let me know thanks.

·
Monkey Power
1,105 Posts
B15sentraDE said:
ok ive been searching for a couple days and i have found information on this topic but its not to clear. I have a b15 with an avenir t25. does the oil return go to the oil restrictor then to the nissport adapter? and oil feed to the turbo, does the oil come from adapter threw restrictor to turbo? if any of these are correct please let me know thanks.
the nissport should be threaded into the stock oil pressure sending unit location. the restrictor needs to be before the turbo where it goes depends on the type of restrictor it is(npt-npt, npt-an ect)

·
Monkey Power
1,105 Posts

·
finally got a classic
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
neither, but someone just told me i have to run my oil return back to my oil pan, thats really want to know, if thats correct or if i can run it back into the engine someplace with out drilling

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
ntp = national thread pipe - its a tapered self sealing thread (use teflone)

On the Nissport adapter, like cortrim said, threads into the block, the stock pressure sender threads into the end of the adapter. From there get a 1/8 npt to 3 or 4 an adapter. If you can find one with a built in restrictor even better.

The adapters from ATP will work, but leave very little room to attach the line.

block-->nissport adapter-->1/8 NPT to 3/4 an fitting-->hose-->restrictor-->turbo
block-->nissport adapter-->1/8 NPT to 3/4 an fitting (built in restrictor)-->hose-->turbo

Prolly the best you can get right here.
block-->nissport adapter-->1/8 ntp oil restrictor-->1/8 NPT to 4 an fitting-->4 an hose-->turbo

Youll need two 1/8 npt plugs to plug the other two holes on the nissport, unless you plan on running gauge senders there.

·
finally got a classic
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool thanks for the info. so coming out of the turbo i need to tap into my oil pan to get the oil back into the engine.

·
Monkey Power
1,105 Posts
B15sentraDE said:
neither, but someone just told me i have to run my oil return back to my oil pan, thats really want to know, if thats correct or if i can run it back into the engine someplace with out drilling
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=129696

this shows the spot on the block that needs to be drilled and tapped for the oil return.

·
B15 Motorsports
298 Posts
More pics here...
http://www.b15sentra.net/david/gallery/oildrain

I did this with the sr20de in my b15 a few months ago. It took the good part of a day (remove cross member, header, pans, etc.) to do it on the car. If you have your motor out already it will be much easier, but you don't have to pull it to do this. You will just need a right-angle drill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts