SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the other message board forum, one guy watched the movie "The Fast and the Furious" and he got excited and posted a message about the Orange Supra showed in the movie and now being put out for bid on Ebay. He posted the url as well. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592611581&r=0&t=0

He likes the car and it is a damn beautiful car!! Then one person responded negatively about the car. That person doesn't even seem to know jack about modifed cars and physics but he thinks he knows, hahahahaha... Here's what this idiot said..

Idiot said,

"LoL that car is sooooo ugly. It may have allot of HP but Id like to see it go over a speed bump. Riddle me this why do riceboys* insist on putting a huge spoiler on the back of an AWD/fwd car. Do they just love having the front of the car lift up so they loose traction and control ?
*riceboy is not a derogatory term that implies any ethnic root. A riceboy is a person who cares more about looks than about go.

You are a rice boy if

You put a huge spoiler on a fwd car.

You have a nice big exhaust cap on your muffler but that is the extent of your exhaust upgrade.

You have a Type R sticker anywhere on your car (this excludes any real Type R cars but I'm in the states and have yet to see a real Type R)

You have done a 1 whipper conversion on your car (hey don't need to see in the rain right cuz 1 whipper looks cooler)"

Then the guy who posted the first thread said,

"Well you kinda show how much you know about cars...
The Toyota Supra is a rwd car, and always has been. Also the Spoiler doesn't "lift" the front of the car, it pushes down the entire car. That's also what the front skirt is for."

Then the idiot replied,

"LoL I don't know anything about the supra because I have never had any interest in owning one. I was speaking in general sorry didn't mean to say that the supra was fwd. Most of the front skirts have no function aerodynamically speaking. As well as almost all of the after market spoilers just create drag. You should go check out a stock or modified stock drag race some time and see how many people have those huge ass things. LoL in fact go look at these guys http://www.heckconsulting.com/dsm/drag.html#quarter and tell me how many of them are trying to fly."

What do you think about this? Is the tall wing useless and make the fast car like the Supra cause worse traction and make the front end lift up??? that's bull ****. If you follow this principle, those Leman race cars like McLaren F1 GTR, Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche GT1, etc.. will lift up and fly then. that's bull ****. Im not going to explain what's not and what's correct cauze I want to hear you guys' response to this first. Now, dont get me wrong cauze that person who responded to the guy who posted about the Orange Supra has the right to post his/her opinion but not if the person doesn't know jack about the car and puts out fraud information. That is unacceptable.

Ya please respond what you think about this guy and speak up freely! ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by space (edited 06-27-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Hahah He sounds like total dumbass. I wonder what car he drives? A 92 Dodge Shadow? LOL

I'm sorry but I'd die for that Supra. It is fantastic.

------------------
Stormy
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd pay to see someone shoot this car up and watch the inherit gas blow up big....

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey people, the last few replies are not relevant to the topic here. I'm not talking about who hates Toyota or not. Im talking about the functionality of front and especially the rear spoiler. See what I posted in the first thread..

and thanks for the comment, storm88000

·
Registered
299 Posts
In most cases a spoiler really does not have too much function. When it does they are big like on the Supra or those old Mopars that are as high as the roof. You also need to be going very fast (over 100mph) for a spoiler to create decent downforce.

If you are creating downforce the front skirt is important and in mose cases is more than a spoiler. A spoiler puts downforce on the entire car, but there is more force being pushed on the back. F1 cars are the best and most extreme example of downforce and aerodynamics. F1 cars create enough downforce at 150 mph that you can drive them upside down! Without the front spoilers on F1s you would in deep ****. You would not be able to steer and your tires would last for about a minute.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
That's pretty pathetic for a Supra to run 12s. They run 13s stock. Get yourself a boost controller and 12s are cake. Just get yourself some BIG injectors, fuel pump, and bigger turbo and run single digits.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts