SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the scenario. I rebuilt the head on the DET and have new intake valves, seals, and smoothed the damage on the pistons out. (very slight indentions that could be removed with a fingernail)

I put the head on all is together and I only have compression in Cyl #1 and it reads about 140 Cyl#2,3,4 are all 0?? Ideas???

I checked cam timing and it seems to be right on. I realize the head might be warped but how am I getting 0 compression on three cylinders??

Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated, I dont want to pull the head until im done doing whatever testing I can with the head on.

Thanks
-Andy

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Have you tryed to put some compresed air in to the cylinders to find out were they are leaking ?

------------------

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I plan to do a leak down test (esentially the same) this week but I have to get a compressor or air tank to my apt.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Get somebody to spin the motor over while you have the valve cover off make sure the valves are opening on those cylinders thats about the only way to get 0 compression. You can put a head on bare with no head gasket and probably get 20 pounds or so.

G

·
0 Posts
Now how is this. 0 compression? The only way I can think of some one getting 0 is if you do a compression test without turning the motor over. Just a refresher. "Disconnect the coil. Pull the fuse for the fuel pump. Hold the throttle open (many different ways to do this) and let the car crank a few times per cylinder you plug into". I mean no offence if this is what you are doing, just wanted to refresh. I wonder if you might have something wrong with your compression gauge..????

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we checked the compression gauge on another car after we saw it reading 0 it worked fine , we didnt the test 3 times making sure we didn't miss anything and some how its still giving a rreading of 0 on those cyls. Skyliner's idea makes a lot of sense so im gonna go check the timing again... keep the ideas coming! Everything helps....

Thanks

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts